McCain calls for US-led airstrikes on Assad forces

Started by jimmy olsen, March 05, 2012, 06:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: derspiess on March 06, 2012, 07:20:27 PM
Quote from: mongers on March 06, 2012, 07:06:33 PM
Back on topic, is anyone at all optimistic about what might happen in Syria ?

The rest of this year is going to be a bloody time in Syria.

I can't foresee any policy that's going to significantly affect the amount of fighting/slaughter.

I find the position of many on the left, that intervention or what is happening now is caused by western imperialism, as bizarre as the fewer siren calls from the right for air strikes and fuller military backing for the rebels.

Seal it off & let them fight it out.  I think the West is damned if we intervene & possibly damned if we don't.  Safest thing is to do nothing.  Whomever prevails will hate us, so to hell with both sides.

I think that's the one thing you can't do, as it's already drawing in all sorts of players, only the Israelis seem to be not involving themselves, I guess because they were ok with the Assads in power.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

PJL

Israel hasn't intervened probably because of the old devil you know thing really. Coudl always be trusted to be the hardline enemy without actually doing any real damage to them directly, preferring to do it via proxies a la Cold War style.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on March 06, 2012, 07:20:27 PM
I think the West is damned if we intervene & possibly damned if we don't.  Safest thing is to do nothing.  Whomever prevails will hate us, so to hell with both sides.

That's invariably the case.
Whether it's Iraq or Afghanistan or Libya or Egypt or Syria, it's going to go to hell no matter how much blood and money the West pours into that part of the world, because they're all moon-worshipping tribal sand monkeys.

The only success story we've ever had was Kuwait, and that was because we restored the original assholes everybody already hated.

mongers

Michael Moore, comes out in supports of the Syrian rebels/revolutionaries:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqMDGCyYKrU&feature=related

And get's slated by the extreme left and the dingbats/conspiracy nuts.   :lol:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"