State agencies, colleges demand applicants' Facebook passwords

Started by jimmy olsen, March 06, 2012, 07:33:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Ideologue on March 06, 2012, 03:34:40 PM
Doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  Raz was being silly.

I thought he was being technical because it is in the Bill of Rights and not in the Constitution or something idiotic like that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Ideologue

Yeah, then being technically incorrect is the worst kind of incorrect, right? :P
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Ideologue on March 06, 2012, 04:21:11 PM
Yeah, then being technically incorrect is the worst kind of incorrect, right? :P
You obviously don't want enough Futurama.  Correct that.
PDH!

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Ideologue

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on March 06, 2012, 07:40:24 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on March 06, 2012, 04:21:11 PM
You obviously don't want enough Futurama.  Correct that.

I got your dated and frankly obvious reference, Wags. :P
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Fate on March 06, 2012, 01:38:45 PM
You can make sub-groups on Facebook these days. "Friends" don't have to see all of your posts depending on what category you put them in. Place coach as a friend that can't see your wall posts... ta-da.

Or even easier, just don't use the Facebook.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Monoriu

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 06, 2012, 08:36:50 PM
Quote from: Fate on March 06, 2012, 01:38:45 PM
You can make sub-groups on Facebook these days. "Friends" don't have to see all of your posts depending on what category you put them in. Place coach as a friend that can't see your wall posts... ta-da.

Or even easier, just don't use the Facebook.

Then your interview will immediately fail, as you are branded a loner, the odd one out, someone who doesn't have friends, anti-social etc. 

Best way is to create a fake Facebook page specifically tailored for the interview, showing what the interviewers want to see. 

Eddie Teach

That's more important for jobs where ability can't be measured. A college athlete just needs to worry about his play on the field, his grades, and avoiding embarrassing the school.

Monoriu

We really should look at the positive side of this.  If you go to an exam, your biggest problem is not knowing what the exam questions are.  Now the interviewers practically tell you what one of the interview questions will be - Facebook.  So why worry.  Just make a Facebook page, friend a bunch of normal people but exclude the nutjobs, pretend that you have some hobbies, post some nice pictures, show that you are an enthusiastic, positive person etc.  Then show the homework to the interviewers. 

Martinus

Quote from: Monoriu on March 07, 2012, 01:10:01 AM
We really should look at the positive side of this.  If you go to an exam, your biggest problem is not knowing what the exam questions are.  Now the interviewers practically tell you what one of the interview questions will be - Facebook.  So why worry.  Just make a Facebook page, friend a bunch of normal people but exclude the nutjobs, pretend that you have some hobbies, post some nice pictures, show that you are an enthusiastic, positive person etc.  Then show the homework to the interviewers.

If I was required to defriend nutjobs, I would have no Languishite Facebook friends. Hell, I probably would have no Facebook friends at all.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Martinus on March 07, 2012, 04:46:58 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on March 07, 2012, 01:10:01 AM

If I was required to defriend nutjobs, I would have no Languishite Facebook friends. Hell, I probably would have no Facebook friends at all.

Birds of a feather, eh? ;)
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Eddie Teach

Marty doesn't realize he's :wacko:, thus he thinks everyone around him is.