Rush Limbaugh's apology doesn't change anything

Started by garbon, March 05, 2012, 01:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Ideologue on March 05, 2012, 03:23:59 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 05, 2012, 03:20:49 PM
Don't we need more kids? You'd think banning contraception would be the desirable public policy if that were the idea.

No, we need dieback.  And it'll come one way or the other.

Why is that people are always trying to stop me then? :rolleyes:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Kleves

Quote from: Jacob on March 05, 2012, 05:49:03 PM
Not really. It's the Republicans who are orchestrating a controversy about what you so accurately call "religious freedom or whatever".
Well, I think both sides are milking this nonsense for all it's worth. I'm just saying that Fluke wasn't going in to testify because she thought the committee could use her expertise - she had an agenda and she wanted publicity. And she got more of it than she could ever have hoped for.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Razgovory

Quote from: Kleves on March 05, 2012, 06:19:57 PM
Quote from: Jacob on March 05, 2012, 05:49:03 PM
Not really. It's the Republicans who are orchestrating a controversy about what you so accurately call "religious freedom or whatever".
Well, I think both sides are milking this nonsense for all it's worth. I'm just saying that Fluke wasn't going in to testify because she thought the committee could use her expertise - she had an agenda and she wanted publicity. And she got more of it than she could ever have hoped for.

"I think both sides are wrong" -Translates into - "My side really fucked up, but I still don't like the other side even if they are right".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on March 05, 2012, 06:11:05 PM
How is it that AOL is even able to advertise anymore?  Are Americans so stupid and pathetic that they're still using AOL?

I think it's for old people.  Sorta like the Jitterbug, it's grandma-proof.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 05, 2012, 06:26:06 PM
Quote from: Neil on March 05, 2012, 06:11:05 PM
How is it that AOL is even able to advertise anymore?  Are Americans so stupid and pathetic that they're still using AOL?

I think it's for old people.  Sorta like the Jitterbug, it's grandma-proof.

AOL is advertising their new automated PC cleanup/optimization service. Which is funny to old school guys like me who remember AOL as a virus to be removed rather than anyone you would remotely trust to fix your computer.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

I could have sworn those old AOL CDS were living creatures.  Nobody could have made so many, they were breeding and creeping into magazines and mailboxes.  I remember despising AOL.  Actually, I might still have an Email with them.  haven't opened it in years.  I did use AOL instant messenger for a while.

Jacob

Quote from: Kleves on March 05, 2012, 06:19:57 PMWell, I think both sides are milking this nonsense for all it's worth. I'm just saying that Fluke wasn't going in to testify because she thought the committee could use her expertise - she had an agenda and she wanted publicity. And she got more of it than she could ever have hoped for.

Of course the Democrats are milking it. It's one of the most ludicrous controversies in the last long time in American politics, and it's not like it's not a crowded field. When the Republicans chose to make an issue out of birth control pills in 2012, they deserve to have it milked to death by their opponents. That's some grade A bullshit they're putting forth.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jacob on March 05, 2012, 07:21:10 PM
Of course the Democrats are milking it. It's one of the most ludicrous controversies in the last long time in American politics, and it's not like it's not a crowded field. When the Republicans chose to make an issue out of birth control pills in 2012, they deserve to have it milked to death by their opponents. That's some grade A bullshit they're putting forth.

I just find it even more hilarious they're doing it in an election year.  This is classic.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 05, 2012, 07:26:14 PM
The chick should be making me a sandwich.

Last chick made you anything, you popped out more twins than Mengele.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Today at lunchtime I had THE CRAVE.  While driving back from sating it, I caught some of Limbaugh's show and heard him talking about all the sponsors dropping them.  He was basically saying that his sponsors had exploited and made money off of his listeners for years and it was funny that all of the sudden they were dropping him like a hot potato.  Seemed like not the smartest thing to be saying when you know other sponsors are considering doing the same. :hmm:

OTOH I have always had trouble telling when El Rushbo is joking and when he isn't, and he seems to expect anyone listening to be able to easily make that distinction.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

MadImmortalMan

For some reason this whole drama has escaped me. Actually I think my time has been better spent on CK2, Dwarf Fortress and Deep Space Nine via Netflix.

When did he say all this stuff anyway?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

The funniest thing about Rush is that his listeners truly take him seriously, when he's got about as much legitimacy as Howard Stern.

Caliga

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 05, 2012, 07:42:47 PM
The funniest thing about Rush is that his listeners truly take him seriously, when he's got about as much legitimacy as Howard Stern.
It's probably not a coincidence that my dad listens exclusively to talk radio in the car, and is either listening to Howard or Rush at all times. :bowler:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points