Rush Limbaugh's apology doesn't change anything

Started by garbon, March 05, 2012, 01:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: fahdiz on March 06, 2012, 12:45:56 AM
Quote from: garbon on March 05, 2012, 09:55:48 PM
I wasn't even trying to insult you then. :(

Don't sweat it. The fact that he got defensive about it says more about him than it does about you.
:lol:  Yep.  I get very defensive when I am told that I post like I post. 

It's not an insult, except to the intelligence of the people who use the argument.  It is just absurdly redundant.

Given how defensive you are about being called fahdizesque, I suppose you missed the humor of it.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Caliga

Quote from: Razgovory on March 06, 2012, 05:02:20 PM
You know, when he started out Limbaugh was kind of funny.  I blame the drug abuse and the decline of Republican fortunes.
When he started out, you were six. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

grumbler

Quote from: derspiess on March 06, 2012, 10:35:15 AM
I don't think you have to be a Religious Right nutjob to disagree with the notion that Catholic institutions should be required by federal law (or executive fiat or whatever) to provide free contraception to students or employees.

You do have to be a Religious Right nutjob to disagree with the notion that the difference between being required by law to provide free contraceptives is virtually indistinguishable from being required to provide heavily-discounted contraceptives, which those organizations have done for years without a peep.

Only religious right nutjobs (and morons) think that this is a Constitutional issue.  The change in the law is inconsequential in fact.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on March 06, 2012, 09:13:43 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 06, 2012, 05:02:20 PM
You know, when he started out Limbaugh was kind of funny.  I blame the drug abuse and the decline of Republican fortunes.
When he started out, you were six. :hmm:

I remember him in the late 1980's and early 1990's which was around the time when he went national.  Keep in mind I was exposed to a lot of politics in my childhood.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017