Rush Limbaugh's apology doesn't change anything

Started by garbon, March 05, 2012, 01:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: Valmy on March 05, 2012, 03:10:56 PM
Quote from: Rasputin on March 05, 2012, 03:00:05 PM
I don't know whether fluke is a slut, but she sure is a commie and unamerican for asking uncle sam to put his hands in my pocket to pay for her sex life. :glare:

Yeah that is not the point.  The point is to keep birthrates at a manageable level to help keep education and social costs under control.  You know, money for good public policy.  Would you rather far more money come out of your pocket later?

No, that isn't the point at all - it is not the job of the state to attempt to manage birth rates via subsidized birth control, at least not in the USA.

The point is whether or not religious institutions should be allowed to restrict access to health care for their employees (or students in this case) if they decide that some defined medical procedure or service is antithetical to their arbitrary religious views.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Admiral Yi

How does Uncle Sam even enter in to the picture?  Isn't GU the one on the hook for her birth control?

CountDeMoney

Sex lives? Birth rates?  Jesus Fuck, people.  You're no worse than the Santorumtards. None of you knuckleheads even read the Fluke testimony, did you?  Polycystic ovarian syndrome, anybody?

What Fluke testified to had nothing to do with the use of birth control for sexual activity, but the use of birth control for a variety of other medical-proscribed uses. 

HVC

left hand: sexy horny co-eds
right hand: icky feminine issues

Which one do you think we're going to latch on to :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

You're all penis nazis.

At least I respect women, their needs and their rights.

HVC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 05, 2012, 03:43:49 PM
You're all penis nazis.

so where does the ball gag fit into that equation? :unsure:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: Berkut on March 05, 2012, 03:25:10 PM
Quote from: Valmy on March 05, 2012, 03:10:56 PM
Quote from: Rasputin on March 05, 2012, 03:00:05 PM
I don't know whether fluke is a slut, but she sure is a commie and unamerican for asking uncle sam to put his hands in my pocket to pay for her sex life. :glare:

Yeah that is not the point.  The point is to keep birthrates at a manageable level to help keep education and social costs under control.  You know, money for good public policy.  Would you rather far more money come out of your pocket later?

No, that isn't the point at all - it is not the job of the state to attempt to manage birth rates via subsidized birth control, at least not in the USA.

Yeah was that a troll by V? :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

You're all penis nazis.

I posted the article after you all were just whispering about it in random threads. <_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

You're all penis nazis.

How much is your house cleaner's contraception setting you back each year?  :P

derspiess

Quote from: grumbler on March 05, 2012, 02:58:37 PM
It is amusing, especially when combined with Limbaugh's assumption that it is possible for his show to "descend" to a lower standard.  He's not even funny any more, from what little I have heard.

I listened to him a bit last week & thought his Fluke thing was pretty funny up until he uttered the words "slut" and "prostitute".  That was a huge tactical blunder & suddenly made the whole thing a lot less funny.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 05, 2012, 03:37:22 PM
Sex lives? Birth rates?  Jesus Fuck, people.  You're no worse than the Santorumtards. None of you knuckleheads even read the Fluke testimony, did you?  Polycystic ovarian syndrome, anybody?

What Fluke testified to had nothing to do with the use of birth control for sexual activity, but the use of birth control for a variety of other medical-proscribed uses. 

Bullshit.  If that was the point of her testimony, why didn't she lead with it?  She tacked on the Polly Ovary thing to tug at people's heartstrings & divert attention from the obvious.  What's funny is she herself admitted that 80% of the Polly Ovary women get their pills.

She's past president of Georgetown Law Students for Reproductive Justice (LSRJ).  Don't try to peddle the notion that she was humbly appearing to try to get some help for a medical condition. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on March 05, 2012, 04:32:46 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 05, 2012, 03:37:22 PM

Bullshit.  If that was the point of her testimony, why didn't she lead with it?  She tacked on the Polly Ovary thing to tug at people's heartstrings & divert attention from the obvious.  What's funny is she herself admitted that 80% of the Polly Ovary women get their pills.

She's past president of Georgetown Law Students for Reproductive Justice (LSRJ).  Don't try to peddle the notion that she was humbly appearing to try to get some help for a medical condition.

She did lead with it, douchy.  When it's in your first 90 seconds, it's a lead.

But here, here's a fetus with a pancake on its head.

Kleves

Limbaugh is even more of a doofus than I thought. Still, things couldn't have possibly gone any better for this Fluke chick. She wanted to manufacture some controversy and, by god, she got it.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Berkut

Quote from: Kleves on March 05, 2012, 04:38:03 PM
Limbaugh is even more of a doofus than I thought. Still, things couldn't have possibly gone any better for this Fluke chick. She wanted to manufacture some controversy and, by god, she got it.

SHe wanted to manufacture controversy? What does that mean?

She certainly wanted to illustrate something she found unfair - is that "manufacturing controversy"?

Kind of like that Rosa Parks, and her manufacturing controversy by refusing to sit where she belonged?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned