News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What Would You Do As President of Russia?

Started by Queequeg, March 03, 2012, 12:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

Let's just say that you somehow win the Russian election, and that you
A) Like Russia and Russians
B) Want to pursue Russia's geopolitical interests
C) Have a limited interest in your own personal wealth, and instead are interested in building institutions and normalizing Russia

Russia has a pretty unique combination of almost unlimited potential with some of the most serious problems facing any middle-income country.  Putin has made a lot of these problems worse, or at best ignored them.    What would you do?
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Razgovory

I'd get out of the country before Putin found out.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

If I liked Russia? Can't really say, the thought never occurred to me.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Neil

Russia's potential is limited by the fact that it is inhabited by Russians.  An English-speaking people would do much better.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Darth Wagtaros

Nuke myself from orbit. Its the only way to be sure.
PDH!

Crazy_Ivan80

Ed Anger

Invade Poland, liquidate the population.

Then be hailed as savior of Europe.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 03, 2012, 02:07:51 PM
Invade Poland, liquidate the population.

Then be hailed as savior of Europe.
Not bad.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

PDH

I would party in vats of grapes with nubile women.

Then I would lead a cavalry charge and kill Poles.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

garbon

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on March 03, 2012, 01:55:44 PM
Nuke myself from orbit. Its the only way to be sure.

That's what I thought when clicking on the thread. :hug:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Quote from: PDH on March 03, 2012, 02:46:47 PM
I would party in vats of grapes with nubile women.

Then I would lead a cavalry charge and kill Poles.

Very Budenny.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Lettow77

Sell the Kurils and Sakhalin to Japan for a far larger sum than they are worth, continue subverting Ukranian democracy and leaning heavily on Georgia. Main foreign policy objectives are the eventual re-annexation of Georgia/Ukraine/Byellorussia. Internally, invest in Siberian infrastructure and take steps to solve the demographic crisis.

Really, Russia is mostly going in the direction i'd take it in already.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.