NFL Offseason 2012: Because contract negotiations are part of the excitement

Started by CountDeMoney, March 01, 2012, 01:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 06, 2012, 05:01:36 PM
Colt McCoy lost the QB battle up in shitholeland.

You mean won the QB battle.  Send the old guy out there to get throttled for a bit.

But seriously what happened?  I didn't think it was really going to be QB battle.  You do not bring in a first round QB to sit on the bench.  Particularly a 30 year old rookie.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on August 06, 2012, 05:09:01 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 06, 2012, 05:01:36 PM
Colt McCoy lost the QB battle up in shitholeland.

You mean won the QB battle.  Send the old guy out there to get throttled for a bit.

But seriously what happened?  I didn't think it was really going to be QB battle.  You do not bring in a first round QB to sit on the bench.  Particularly a 30 year old rookie.

What happened? Colt sucks.

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 06, 2012, 05:12:11 PM
What happened? Colt sucks.

Nah.  The Browns have no offensive line, running game, and the worst group of WRs I have ever seen on a professional level.  They were far and away the league leaders in drops and Colt has no cannon arm.  You have be pretty decent to give your horrible wide outs a chance to lead the league in drops.  Colt is just the scape goat for the Browns horrible management.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Ed Anger

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

FunkMonk

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 06, 2012, 05:16:13 PM
Colt sucks. Texas sucks.

I disagree. In fact it is the Browns that suck.

Colt will end up eventually getting traded to another team and do pretty well.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Valmy

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on August 06, 2012, 05:14:32 PM
and the worst group of WRs I have ever seen on a professional level.
2004 Baltimore Ravens.  Travis Taylor, Kevin Johnson, Randy Hymes, Devard Darling and Clarence Moore.  If not for Todd Heap at TE, every single pass-receiving player on the team would have been completely futile.  And Chester Taylor out of the backfield.  Jamal Lewis probably had the worst hands in the history of the NFL.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on August 06, 2012, 05:50:24 PM
2004 Baltimore Ravens.  Travis Taylor, Kevin Johnson, Randy Hymes, Devard Darling and Clarence Moore.  If not for Todd Heap at TE, every single pass-receiving player on the team would have been completely futile.  And Chester Taylor out of the backfield.  Jamal Lewis probably had the worst hands in the history of the NFL.

Oh dear God, the memories. :bleeding:

But no, it was always Kyle Boller's fault. :rolleyes:

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 06, 2012, 06:15:07 PM
Quote from: Neil on August 06, 2012, 05:50:24 PM
Oh dear God, the memories. :bleeding:

But no, it was always Kyle Boller's fault. :rolleyes:
At least in 2004 he managed to throw more TDs than picks, thanks to throwing jump balls on short-yardage endzone fades to Moore.  That was the only thing that Moore did well.

And that was probably my second year of hardcore fandom.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadBurgerMaker

Travis Taylor is the only one of those WRs I recognize. 

E:  Wait...Kevin Johnson too, if that's the Browns player.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 06, 2012, 06:28:04 PM

And probably because of the ESPN "Inside The Lines" segment they did on what draft picks do with their money before they even play a down, not anything he did on the field.  :lol:

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 06, 2012, 06:29:39 PM
And probably because of the ESPN "Inside The Lines" segment they did on what draft picks do with their money before they even play a down, not anything he did on the field.  :lol:

:lol:  Naw, from college.  He was kind of a badass his last year at Florida.

Neil

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 06, 2012, 06:28:04 PM

E:  Wait...Kevin Johnson too, if that's the Browns player.
Yeah, that's him.

I'll always remember him because Madden 2005 couldn't defend a quick slant to the weak side, so KJ had about 25-30 touchdowns over a season.