NFL Offseason 2012: Because contract negotiations are part of the excitement

Started by CountDeMoney, March 01, 2012, 01:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on June 19, 2012, 06:01:01 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 19, 2012, 05:56:58 AM
Not really.  Quiet offseasons mean teams aren't going through the pangs of personnel movement.  The Texans are quiet, because they are plotting.  Just like the Niners. :ph34r:  They're going to be scary good this season.

No, I mean the offseason is terrible because shit like soccer is on TV and there isn't any real news about Texans or Longhorns football.   The CWS and MLB are cool and all, but they aren't football.

E: Fuck I just deleted a bunch of stuff.

Well you're in luck since the 2nd highest level of pro football starts in July. :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tonitrus

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on June 23, 2012, 11:44:12 PM
Not really.  Quiet offseasons mean teams aren't going through the pangs of personnel movement.  The Texans are quiet, because they are plotting.  Just like the Niners. :ph34r:  They're going to be scary good this season.

No, I mean the offseason is terrible because shit like soccer is on TV and there isn't any real news about Texans or Longhorns football.   The CWS and MLB are cool and all, but they aren't football.

Well you're in luck since the 2nd highest level of pro football starts in July. :cool:

College football doesn't start until Aug. :huh:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

Quote from: katmai on June 24, 2012, 01:55:24 AM

I see what you did there.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tonitrus

He said "pro", but considering what I think of the College Football Industrial Complex...I concede the point, sir.

Neil

Not professional.  Also crappy and boring.  I'd rather watch guys kick rouges all day then watch some retard try and run the option against a crap defence.  At least CFL games are competitive.  In college football, the real game is by the scheduling guys who secure for their team the weakest opponents, in order to act like they're good so that they can get elected national champion while being challenged as little as possible.

No, the hierarchy is as so:

NFL

CFL

An XFL reunion game

AFL

Soccer

NCAA
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

katmai

Canadians don't know dick about football so your opinions are null and void, stick to Hockey you hoser.

Neil

Quote from: katmai on June 24, 2012, 07:26:39 AM
Canadians don't know dick about football so your opinions are null and void, stick to Hockey you hoser.
Of course we do.  When it comes to sports, we're the experts.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

katmai

RIP  :(

Former Oakland Raider Ben Davidson dies at 72.

QuoteBen Davidson, Defensive End for Renegade Raiders, Dies at 72
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: July 3, 2012

Davidson was being treated for prostate cancer. The former Raiders coach John Madden first reported Davidson's death on Tuesday on KCBS radio in San Francisco.

Davidson spent 11 years in professional football, starting with the Green Bay Packers and the Washington Redskins in the N.F.L. before joining the Raiders in the American Football League in 1964.

That was where the 6-foot-8 Davidson became famous. With his distinctive handlebar mustache, raspy voice and physical play, Davidson helped personify Al Davis's renegade Raiders on the 1960s.

Davidson did not play football until going to East Los Angeles Community College. He went from there to the University of Washington, where he helped the Huskies win Rose Bowls in 1960 and '61.

He was taken in the fourth round of the 1961 draft by the Giants, but he played his rookie season with Green Bay, winning the N.F.L. championship with the Packers in 1961.

After his playing career, Davidson became an actor with roles in films like "M*A*S*H," "Conan the Barbarian" and "Necessary Roughness," and he played himself in Miller Lite advertisements.

Neil

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Neil on June 24, 2012, 07:39:10 AM

You're experts at clubbing seals and.........................................................................okay well that seems to be it.

Syt

The pricing for game pass is out. €160 for the whole season in HD, with games on demand, condensed games, all play offs, and all games back to the 2009 season and NFL network stream. I think I may actually go for this.  :hmm:

https://gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/secure/packages?ttv=0&ttp=3&ccfeatures=true&icampaign=Prod_GP_HP_GEN_CP&module=HP11_cp
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

I like that the blackout rules have been relaxed a bit. Only have to sell 85% of the tickets to allow local broadcast.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 04, 2012, 02:19:40 AM
Quote from: Neil on June 24, 2012, 07:39:10 AM

You're experts at clubbing seals and.........................................................................okay well that seems to be it.
Clubbing seals is still a better sport than baseball.

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 04, 2012, 06:42:26 AM
I like that the blackout rules have been relaxed a bit. Only have to sell 85% of the tickets to allow local broadcast.
Well, it would make it hard to sell the TV rights in Jacksonville when they're going to black out every game, and Buffalo and Cincy are just about as bad.