News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Best Sports Movies by Sport

Started by Admiral Yi, February 25, 2012, 05:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Forgot about Damned United. That is pretty good too. But I stand by Basset being very good.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

I find it interesting Viking's favorite is the one about a Christian missionary.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 27, 2012, 02:35:46 AM
And people are, like, what about The Price Is Right? That came on at 11am, it was good for a mindless hour, right?
Dude, I'm staying home from school specifically because I don't want to deal with math.  And who gives a fuck about the actual retail cost of Turtle Wax and Rice-A-Roni, The San Francisco Treat.
I liked that one game with the little mountain climber dude and the yodeling.
YODELLLEYYODELLLOOOOHYODELLEYYODELLOH
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on February 27, 2012, 07:54:04 PM
And people are, like, what about The Price Is Right? That came on at 11am, it was good for a mindless hour, right?
Dude, I'm staying home from school specifically because I don't want to deal with math.  And who gives a fuck about the actual retail cost of Turtle Wax and Rice-A-Roni, The San Francisco Treat.

FLASHBACKS. :bleeding:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Flashbacks? *checks* Yep, they're still doing that game today. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tonitrus

I remember watching all those assorted courtroom soap operas, i.e. Divorce Court.

Also, Sale of the Century, Press Your Luck, Tic-Tac-Dough and that other one Alex Trebeck did (where the prize was the cheapest possible compact cars on the market).

Viking

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 27, 2012, 09:06:22 AM
I find it interesting Viking's favorite is the one about a Christian missionary.  :hmm:

I don't hate believers. I merely choose to mock them if they think that their religion is to affect anything other than their own personal lives. 
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

11B4V

Quote from: Viking on February 27, 2012, 08:36:47 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 27, 2012, 09:06:22 AM

I don't hate believers. I merely choose to mock them if they think that their religion is to affect anything other than their own personal lives.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

crazy canuck

haven't read through the whole thread.  In case BB missed it:

Curling - Men with Brooms.

HVC

Quote from: Caliga on February 27, 2012, 07:54:04 PM
plinko bitches!
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Tonitrus

Hell, if we're going to include curling...

Golf = Caddyshack
Bowling = The Big Lebowski
Yachting = Dead Calm

Has anyone even made a movie on Tennis?  :P

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 28, 2012, 01:18:55 PM
haven't read through the whole thread.  In case BB missed it:

Curling - Men with Brooms.

As a curling afficianado I wanted to say that - but honestly it was a very bad movie.   :(

I'll just resign myself to curling every week, without a major motion picture to inspire me.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on February 29, 2012, 12:59:32 AM

Nobody said anything about that.  Some faggit brought it up, and it still doesn't fucking count.

katmai

Golf = Caddyshack
Bowling = The Big Lebowski
Yachting = Dead Calm

Has anyone even made a movie on Tennis?  :P

Wimbeldon :blush:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 29, 2012, 01:30:05 AM

Nobody said anything about that.  Some faggit brought it up, and it still doesn't fucking count.

I am still putting up Caddyshack for Golf.  :mad: