President Obama orders release of the torture memos

Started by larry5, May 03, 2009, 12:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larry5

It really hurts America's fight in the war on terror. With this decision it seems he is more concerned about the safety of the terrorists than he is about our American military ! I liked this analysis. They gave him an F on this and so do I:
http://www.thebarackobamawatch.com/TERRORISM.html

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Norgy

Quote from: larry5 on May 03, 2009, 12:04:31 PM
It really hurts America's fight in the war on terror.

Can you really be hurt in a phony war?

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Zanza

Didn't the Obama opponents demand exactly this after they released the numbers on torture? To show that the torture was at least worth it?

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Zanza2 on May 03, 2009, 01:38:51 PM
Didn't the Obama opponents demand exactly this after they released the numbers on torture? To show that the torture was at least worth it?
Cheney was the one beating that drum.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 03, 2009, 02:01:44 PM
Quote from: Zanza2 on May 03, 2009, 01:38:51 PM
Cheney was the one beating that drum.
Jeez. I didn't need that mental image.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

AnchorClanker

I like the hysterical shrieks from people over the release of the memos.
The methods weren't secret, it was WHO signed off at what point WHEN.
That has nothing to do with intelligence value, it has everything to do with CYA.
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Siege

Fuck those murderous bastards.

If they didn't want to be tortured, they shouldn't have joined Al-Qaeda.

FunkMonk

I torture the English language on a daily bases.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Siege

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 05, 2009, 12:16:30 AM
I torture the English language on a daily bases.

Yeah, right.

Are you going to tell me that you never gave a pack of M&M out of an MRE to the smallest kid in the group of iraqi children following you, just to see the bigger kids beat the shit out of him?

That's a form of torture too, you know.