Raz Science question: Why no tiny Dinosaurs?

Started by Razgovory, February 23, 2012, 09:49:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: HVC on February 27, 2012, 08:59:03 PM
Quote from: Siege on February 26, 2012, 11:22:45 PM
Dinosaurs never existed.

serious question, what do you think fossils are? a test of faith, a misundertanding?

Oddly shaped rocks.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on February 23, 2012, 09:49:38 AM
How come there were no Dinosaurs the size of mice, or at least none found?
wich is more terrifying:

or

This is why tv does not focus on small dinos.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

Quote from: viper37 on February 28, 2012, 10:48:59 AM
This is why tv does not focus on small dinos.

How is that relevant to his question? :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Quote from: Viking on February 27, 2012, 10:12:55 PM
Dinosaurs never existed.
Birds are dinosaurs. Dinosaurs exist today.
Birds don't necessarily have to be dinosaurs.  You could always be paraphyletic about the whole thing.  Taxonomy tends to break down over very long timescales.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Viking

Quote from: Neil on February 28, 2012, 03:56:36 PM
Dinosaurs never existed.
Birds don't necessarily have to be dinosaurs.  You could always be paraphyletic about the whole thing.  Taxonomy tends to break down over very long timescales.

Taxonomy isn't best practice anymore. Cladistics is the method of classifying animals now. Biology basically gave up on Taxonomy when the taxonomic groups started multiplying out of control.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Siege

Dinosaurs never existed.

serious question, what do you think fossils are? a test of faith, a misundertanding?

What fossils?
All that crap is a liberal conspiracy.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on February 28, 2012, 03:56:36 PM
Dinosaurs never existed.

This has always caused misconceptions in biology.  Since things like evolution happen fairly slowly, it seems to us that species and classifications are static.  This is not the case.  Mammals 100 million years ago were different then mammals today.  If we had mammals from 100 million years ago walking around with modern mammals we probably wouldn't have put them in the same category.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: Siege on February 28, 2012, 07:20:27 PM
Dinosaurs never existed.

What fossils?
All that crap is a liberal conspiracy.

I can never tell if you are serious.  I have a fossil.  A little trilobite.  He's so cute.  Don't even have to feed him.  Got him when I was a kid.  I used to find fossils in the backyard (not trilobites, crinoids mostly and a few shell impressions).
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Caliga

440 million years ago, my property was a shallow tropical reef covered with clam beds.  Today, I have literally thousands of fossils laying around.  I have two or three exposed rocky outcrops back in the woods that are nothing but solid blocks of clam fossils (or 'brachiopods' if you want to get technical).  I'm pretty sure liberals didn't plant all that stuff on my property in an effort to deceive me.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on February 28, 2012, 09:14:44 PM
440 million years ago, my property was a shallow tropical reef covered with clam beds.  Today, I have literally thousands of fossils laying around.  I have two or three exposed rocky outcrops back in the woods that are nothing but solid blocks of clam fossils (or 'brachiopods' if you want to get technical).  I'm pretty sure liberals didn't plant all that stuff on my property in an effort to deceive me.

Jimmy carter has plenty of spare time to do it.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Jimmy Carter wants nothing to do with me as long as I'm not a homeless guy or a Palestinian. :)

You know, it's too bad I can't unfossilize all these damn stone clams.  I could have one hell of a clambake. :licklips:

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Caliga

I've never found any of those on my property.

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 28, 2012, 09:20:43 PM

Jimmy Carter was around there when those clams were alive.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on February 28, 2012, 09:40:45 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on February 28, 2012, 09:20:43 PM

Jimmy Carter was around there when those clams were alive.

Heh. Him and Billy.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive