Swedish man survives two months in snow buried car.

Started by jimmy olsen, February 19, 2012, 07:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siege

Why didn't he climb out of that car?
Was he paralized or something?
Diggin through snow doesn't appear to be that hard.

Not that I have much experience with snow.
Now sand, that's a bitch.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Lucidor

Consensus among the people I've talked to is that he wasn't all right in the head to begin with, for staying in the car.

garbon

Quote from: Siege on February 20, 2012, 06:29:20 PM
Why didn't he climb out of that car?
Was he paralized or something?

Not that I have much experience with snow.
Now sand, that's a bitch.

I guess it depends on how far "not far from the city" was.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on February 20, 2012, 06:20:17 PM
I don't remember how you gave yourself away, it was like seven or eight years ago.

Maybe it was the same way Lettow showed he was Jaron(or Ed for those so inclined). Or Guller, Dorsey.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 19, 2012, 07:46:36 PM
Dude is gonna be mental as fuck after that experience.

Uhm. He is Swedish. Have you ever known a Swede who wasn't mental as fuck?

Martinus

CountDeMoney

That's why we average over 100 deaths a year in snow-shoveling -related incidents.

Martinus

Quote from: Lucidor on February 21, 2012, 12:25:07 AM
Consensus among the people I've talked to is that he wasn't all right in the head to begin with, for staying in the car.

Well, yeah. He is a Swede.  :huh:

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 21, 2012, 03:53:06 AM

That's why we average over 100 deaths a year in snow-shoveling -related incidents.

Siege's opinion is based on his experiences with throwing snow down Palestinian wells and it having no effect.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Martinus on February 21, 2012, 03:53:40 AM

Well, yeah. He is a Swede.  :huh:
They are basically Norwegians except more Norse.
PDH!

DGuller

Isn't getting out of the car an excellent way to get yourself killed in this situation?  If he was a mile away from civilization, then of course you should get to it on foot.  However, if you're stranded in remote wilderness, getting out of your car is the worst decision you can make.

Martinus

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.