And we're back!

Main Menu

Women - still their own worst enemies

Started by Brazen, February 13, 2012, 07:25:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 13, 2012, 09:08:09 AM
Who's Chris Brown?:unsure:
Crap R&B singer, best known for being convicted for beating the crap out of then-girlfriend Rihanna. Lip-synched through his dubious return to the Grammys at which we won best album. Lovely report by the New Yorker here:
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/culture/2012/02/the-grammy-awards-what-was-that.html

QuoteWoman-beating rage-broccoli Chris Brown lip-synced his single "Turn Up The Music" (without being threatened by Sir Elton John) and danced roughly as well as a third-rate Chicago footwork dancer. He ended his performance by back-flipping off the stage, though sadly not off the earth.

mongers

Sadly gender stereotypes persist for a reason, sizeable minorities of both sexes 'get off' on playing those roles.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Barrister

Given that I'm about to spend the entire day in domestic violence docket court I can confirm that women are indeed their own worst enemies, and that women like Brazen are practically in the minority.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josephus

Yup. I can think of worse things to do then get in a rassling cage match with Scarlett Johannsen AND Taylor Swift.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Valmy

Quote from: mongers on February 13, 2012, 09:31:02 AM
Sadly gender stereotypes persist for a reason, sizeable minorities of both sexes 'get off' on playing those roles.

Well gender roles are not entirely negative, they work for alot of people just fine.  The problem is when people get coerced into fitting them when they do not work for them.

But I am not sure what that has to do with expressing a desire to be beaten, that does not really fit into any established gender roles :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Drakken

Rihanna can beat me off every single moment of the day and the night, too. :perv:

Seriously though, how is it different from us guys saying we'd tap the ass of younger Karla Homolka, Amy Fisher, or Amanda Knox, even though we know they aren't exactly celebrity women we'd bring to our mothers. Same with celebrity women of dubious mental sanity and impulse control like Shannon Doherty (who is actually an infamous abusive partner and man-beater) or Megan Fox.

And anyway, these are the kind of women Chris Brown wouldn't even glimpse at if he rolls by them off the street, just like ugly chicks going to Justin Timberlake or Nick Carter's shows crying and begging he would marry them.

It's just fantasy. Women want to fuck bad boys, men want to fuck bad girls. And that some women have rape, hardcore submissive fantasies, and a couple of daddy issues aren't exactly breaking news either. Even serial killers have groupies wanting to have sex with them. However, in our Facebook and Twitter age it has become fashion to tweet these out to the rest of the world like it's nothing.

The main problem I have with this, is that some men could rationalize this as the buffoonesque belief that women, deep down, want men to beat them, that being abusive is "being alpha" (god I hate that expression). There is a danger to trivialize abusive relationships: if the woman doesn't leave the relationship, it's because she wants it and likes it that way (when in fact she's shit-scared for her life if she leaves).

CountDeMoney

Goddamn, Drakken, stop editing your posts;  this is the 3rd time I've clicked "New" on this thread, and they've all be you self-editing your fucking post-doc manuscript.  Damn.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Drakken on February 13, 2012, 10:18:37 AM
The main problem I have with this, is that some men could rationalize this as the buffoonesque belief that women, deep down, want men to beat them, that being abusive is "being alpha" (god I hate that expression). There is a danger to trivialize abusive relationships: if the woman doesn't leave the relationship, it's because she wants it and likes it that way (when in fact she's shit-scared for her life if she leaves).

http://www.theonion.com/articles/whos-a-girl-gotta-fuck-to-get-some-closure-on-her,11231/

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 13, 2012, 10:44:04 AM
Goddamn, Drakken, stop editing your posts;  this is the 3rd time I've clicked "New" on this thread, and they've all be you self-editing your fucking post-doc manuscript.  Damn.

He's adding notes from the seduction community.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Drakken

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 13, 2012, 11:04:51 AM

He's adding notes from the seduction community.

Fuck the seduction community.

Garbon is better at it than you.  :lol:

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 13, 2012, 09:08:09 AM
Who's Chris Brown?:unsure:

This was my question.  I thought it he was the guy did that "Catch a Predator", thing.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

crazy canuck

Even with all the edits, that boy has some issues.

Martinus

Quote from: Brazen on February 13, 2012, 08:48:28 AM
Said men rarely express the desire to be beaten up just so they can have sex with said celebrities.

That's because women usually do not beat men. Now find a hot rich gay guy who is into domestic violence, and you will have homos lining up. And I'm pretty sure that if you had a violent rich female celebrity, she would have lots of guys wanting to be her boyfriend too.

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

HVC

Quote from: Martinus on February 13, 2012, 02:11:58 PM
Quote from: Brazen on February 13, 2012, 08:48:28 AM
Said men rarely express the desire to be beaten up just so they can have sex with said celebrities.

That's because women usually do not beat men. Now find a hot rich gay guy who is into domestic violence, and you will have homos lining up. And I'm pretty sure that if you had a violent rich female celebrity, she would have lots of guys wanting to be her boyfriend too.
through in lisa mennilli and you get gay guys who are willing to get beat up to be witha  woman.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.