News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

RIP Jack Kemp

Started by Tonitrus, May 03, 2009, 03:29:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Neil on May 04, 2009, 05:45:59 PM
Why should HIV-positive people any additional rights?  Also, given the inherent criminality of homosexuals, it would be a good idea to keep them out of schools.
At the time when there was rampant discrimination against them?

Anyway, I think it would be ridiculous to have medical records turned public.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Quote from: garbon on May 04, 2009, 06:01:47 PM
At the time when there was rampant discrimination against them?
That's no reason.
QuoteAnyway, I think it would be ridiculous to have medical records turned public.
It would be better to lock the infected up together, for the safety of the majority.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Neil on May 04, 2009, 06:04:53 PM
That's no reason.

That's actually exactly why you would...to protect people who are endangered, simply because of fear mongering.

Quote from: Neil on May 04, 2009, 06:04:53 PM
It would be better to lock the infected up together, for the safety of the majority.
Majority of gays? After all, the majority was unlikely to be harmed unless they started having unsafe sex with infected people.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Quote from: garbon on May 04, 2009, 06:24:24 PM
That's actually exactly why you would...to protect people who are endangered, simply because of fear mongering.
Their disease is what endangers them.
QuoteMajority of gays? After all, the majority was unlikely to be harmed unless they started having unsafe sex with infected people.
Given that the homosexual community sees great virtue in having AIDS, and due to the danger of homosexuals having sex with women and using injection drugs and passing the disease to the normal people, I would say that they were a great danger.  The infected should have been locked away.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Neil on May 04, 2009, 06:41:52 PM
Their disease is what endangers them.
Yes, but that's irrelevant to what anti-discrimination laws would protect against.

Quote from: Neil on May 04, 2009, 06:41:52 PM
Given that the homosexual community sees great virtue in having AIDS, and due to the danger of homosexuals having sex with women and using injection drugs and passing the disease to the normal people, I would say that they were a great danger.  The infected should have been locked away.
I don't think so. Most gays of the time saw it as a scary disease that was killing them off.  I doubt that most of the homosexuals at the time were having sex with women...and while many might have been using injection drugs, the danger there is needle swapping. Are straight people who take injected drugs like heroin...normal?

Neil

Quote from: garbon on May 04, 2009, 07:00:18 PM
Yes, but that's irrelevant to what anti-discrimination laws would protect against.
They deserved to be discriminated against.
QuoteI don't think so. Most gays of the time saw it as a scary disease that was killing them off.  I doubt that most of the homosexuals at the time were having sex with women...and while many might have been using injection drugs, the danger there is needle swapping. Are straight people who take injected drugs like heroin...normal?
There were enough homosexuals who had sex with women to spread the disease to the normal population.

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

garbon

Quote from: Neil on May 04, 2009, 07:23:04 PM
QuoteI don't think so. Most gays of the time saw it as a scary disease that was killing them off.  I doubt that most of the homosexuals at the time were having sex with women...and while many might have been using injection drugs, the danger there is needle swapping. Are straight people who take injected drugs like heroin...normal?
There were enough homosexuals who had sex with women to spread the disease to the normal population.

Are you going to continue to pick and choose what you respond to?

Neil

Quote from: garbon on May 04, 2009, 08:05:43 PM
Quote from: Neil on May 04, 2009, 07:23:04 PM

Are you going to continue to pick and choose what you respond to?
Why wouldn't I?

As for the issue with the injection drug users, they were just as dangerous as the homosexuals.  Anyone who has ever used an injection drug should be executed.

garbon

Quote from: Neil on May 04, 2009, 08:09:04 PM
As for the issue with the injection drug users, they were just as dangerous as the homosexuals.  Anyone who has ever used an injection drug should be executed.

Indeed, so why did you mention that as a homosexual problem?

Neil

Quote from: garbon on May 04, 2009, 08:09:55 PM
Quote from: Neil on May 04, 2009, 08:09:04 PM

Indeed, so why did you mention that as a homosexual problem?
Because homosexuals are prone to use injection drugs, and because the disease starts in the homosexual community.

Tonitrus

I think I'd say my thread here has jumped the shark, didn't use a condom, and is now suffering from HIV.

ulmont

Quote from: Tonitrus on May 04, 2009, 08:41:48 PM
I think I'd say my thread here has jumped the shark, didn't use a condom, and is now suffering from HIV.

Alternately, your thread might have been a hemophiliac and an innocent victim of an untested blood transfusion.  Either way, it's going to die of AIDS.

KRonn

garbon

Quote from: Neil on May 04, 2009, 08:13:08 PM
Because homosexuals are prone to use injection drugs, and because the disease starts in the homosexual community.

:D