News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

RIP Jack Kemp

Started by Tonitrus, May 03, 2009, 03:29:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

On the other hand Marty would have voted for Adolf Hitler if he had legalized gay marriage. ;)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Viking

He had good politician hair, but then again he was a Buffalo Bill.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Caliga

Quote from: Martinus on May 04, 2009, 04:26:26 AMHe was a homophobic scum, who himself was rumored to suck dick

:blink:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Viking

Quote from: Caliga on May 04, 2009, 05:03:39 AM
Quote from: Martinus on May 04, 2009, 04:26:26 AMHe was a homophobic scum, who himself was rumored to suck dick

:blink:

Remember, in Martinus' mind all homophobes suck dick (at least in their dreams).
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Martinus

Quote from: Syt on May 04, 2009, 04:29:14 AM
On the other hand Marty would have voted for Adolf Hitler if he had legalized gay marriage. ;)
Well, the fact is the types of Adolf Hitler or Stalin rarely, if ever, did not want to put gay people into death camps or gulags, so I do not have to deal with this moral conundrum.

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Martinus on May 04, 2009, 05:24:53 AM
Well, the fact is the types of Adolf Hitler or Stalin rarely, if ever, did not want to put gay people into death camps or gulags, so I do not have to deal with this moral conundrum.

uh Hitler did. where do you think pink triangles come from?
:p

ulmont

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on May 04, 2009, 12:06:46 PM

Reread Marty's post and parse the double negatives.

The Brain

Is it read like a retard day on Languish?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

katmai

Quote from: The Brain on May 04, 2009, 12:19:20 PM
I thought that was every day.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: ulmont on May 04, 2009, 12:11:20 PM
Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on May 04, 2009, 12:06:46 PM

Reread Marty's post and parse the double negatives.

d'oh. :P
:p

Syt

Quote from: katmai on May 04, 2009, 12:19:58 PM
Quote from: The Brain on May 04, 2009, 12:19:20 PM
I thought that was every day.

You bought what?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

I'm not sure about being homophobic, but he was definitely a supply sider.  That alone is pretty damning.

Zanza

I saw this linked on another blog I read by chance and remembered that there was a thread on this guy here so I actually read it. Now, I don't know anything else about Jack Kemp, but in this he sounds like a very reasonable guy. Too bad if he was also the raging homophobe that Marty describes him as.

garbon

Quote from: Zanza2 on May 04, 2009, 01:48:45 PM
I saw this linked on another blog I read by chance and remembered that there was a thread on this guy here so I actually read it. Now, I don't know anything else about Jack Kemp, but in this he sounds like a very reasonable guy. Too bad if he was also the raging homophobe that Marty describes him as.

QuoteWhen President-elect Obama quoted Abraham Lincoln on the night of his election, he was acknowledging the transcendent qualities of vision and leadership that are always present, but often overlooked and neglected by pettiness, partisanship and petulance. As president, I believe Barack Obama can help lift us out of a narrow view of America into the ultimate vision of an America where, if you're born to be a mezzo-soprano or a master carpenter, nothing stands in your way of realizing your God-given potential.

So he was homophobic and delusional? :bleeding:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on May 04, 2009, 04:26:26 AM
Well, one of his famous quotes was: "While I believe in civil liberties for homosexuals, I guess I'd have to say I'd draw the line at letting them teach in schools."

What civil liberties did he believe in then? Not putting homosexuals in death camps? Must be a moderate!

He was a homophobic scum, who himself was rumored to suck dick when he wasn't fighting against basic rights of gay Americans or against rights of HIV-positive patients (while he opposed any funding for HIV research or any legal protections for HIV+ people against discrimination etc., he actually supported a bill requiring mandatory testing for HIV, with the results being public). He was an evil man.
Why should HIV-positive people any additional rights?  Also, given the inherent criminality of homosexuals, it would be a good idea to keep them out of schools.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.