The Brain

PETA is gonna shut that place down.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on January 03, 2014, 11:08:50 AM
odd...

http://news.yahoo.com/kim-jong-un-fed-his-uncle-to-120-starving-dogs--report-145303810.html

QuoteKim Jong Un fed his uncle to 120 starving dogs

Forget the hangman's noose, the firing squad or lethal injection: North Korean leader Kim Jong Un executed his uncle and a handful of the man's aides by feeding them to a horde of 120 starving dogs, according to a shocking account.

Jang Song Thaek, the former No. 2 official in the secretive regime, was stripped naked and tossed into a cage along with his five closest aides.

"Then 120 hounds, starved for three days, were allowed to prey on them until they were completely eaten up. This is called 'quan jue', or execution by dogs," according to the Straits Times of Singapore. The daily relied on a description of the execution in a Hong Kong newspaper that serves as the official mouthpiece of China's government.

"The entire process lasted for an hour, with Mr. Kim Jong Un, the supreme leader in North Korea, supervising it along with 300 senior officials," the Straits Times said in a piece published Dec. 24, 2013, but only now getting traction in the United States. Two American national security officials contacted for comment said they had not heard that account, which first appeared in the Wen Wei Po newspaper on Dec. 12, 2013.

While China acts as North Korea's patron, relations between the two have been strained. The United States wants Beijing to take a more active role in pressuring Kim's Stalinist regime in Pyongyang to give up its nuclear weapons. The Straits Times suggested that China's government leaked the account of the December execution to signal its anger at Kim's government.

The United States has labored to get a grip on what kind of leader Kim Jong Un will be, amid worries in Washington that he is more reckless than his father, Kim Jong Il, whom he succeeded as supreme leader in December 2011.

As Voltare remarked on the execution of Admiral Byng: "pour encourager les autres".
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

DGuller

Was it too hard for Voltaire to learn English?

Savonarola

Quote from: DGuller on January 03, 2014, 12:00:53 PM
Was it too hard for Voltaire to learn English?

Had it not been for what happened at the Tower of Babel, all the world would have spoken French.   :(

-Voltaire, "The Unsophisticated Huron"
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Malthus

"When a dog bites a man, that is not news, because it happens so often. But if a man bites a dog, that is news."

Or maybe not. ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

jimmy olsen

The convenience store next to my school must be getting paid kickbacks by the local dental union because they're giving out free cotton candy there.

I don't get the playlists at my local coffee shop. They followed up Linkin Park's Numb with Party Rock by LFMAO. Talk about mood whiplash. :bleeding:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Sounds like my Pandora shuffle.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

alfred russel

Random question for Tim...have you picked up Korean yet? and how many years have you been there now?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: alfred russel on February 04, 2014, 12:12:21 AM
Random question for Tim...have you picked up Korean yet? and how many years have you been there now?
4 years. I've picked up a little. I can read and and know survival phrases.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

alfred russel

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 04, 2014, 12:30:50 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on February 04, 2014, 12:12:21 AM
4 years. I've picked up a little. I can read and and know survival phrases.

Good to know you've taken advantage of your 4 year immersion in Korea.  :P
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

DGuller

Quote from: Syt on February 04, 2014, 12:20:15 AM

:x There is something supremely repulsive about South Korea's plastic surgery fetish.

Admiral Yi

If you started out looking like those kids wouldn't you want some help too?  I think the broad looks pretty good.

Timmy, 4 years in country and that's all you have is not very good.  Pick up a basic grammar and learn how to conjugate.  Focus on the verb ha da, since 75% of Korean speech involves it.

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 04, 2014, 08:38:21 PM
I think the broad looks pretty good.
She doesn't, once you realize that there is nothing natural about her look, and that her face is copied and pasted on hundreds of women each day.