Korea- Too boring

Started by Josquius, January 31, 2012, 07:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Send them to Seedy, he's a sucker for pussy
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on February 20, 2012, 11:31:43 PM
My sister basically refused to take care of them, even for $100 a month; she also refused to name a figure at which she would accept them.  Evidently she can't be bought, which is purely ridiculous.

I'd likely refuse to take care of three cats if I were her as well.  You don't sound particularly close.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Richland sheriff is open Wednesday mornings to fingerprint civilians.  I'll be off then to do it.  If another PD can do it tomorrow on my break, I'll try then.

I requested a quote for transport of three cats to Jochiwon.  I'm not very sanguine about the possibility--Delta's domestic figures are like $200 an animal.  There is also the matter of acquiring the documentation proving they're safe--which is retarded, I'm sure cats in Korea are completely disease free. :rolleyes:

My sister basically refused to take care of them, even for $100 a month; she also refused to name a figure at which she would accept them.  Evidently she can't be bought, which is purely ridiculous.  I feel instead I should contract with someone for whom a $100 check every month (which means about a $50 a month profit) would matter more.  My stepsister would be ideal, but that branch of the family is allergic to cats. <_<

FFS Hunter - they're cats.

If and when it comes to it, if nobody else will take them, hand them over to the local humane society.  Tell them you're leaving for overseas, are very sad, but can not find anyone to take them.  They do manage to adopt most pets you know.

I'm speaking as someone who not only owns a cat (Heinsberg :wub:) but has moved him across time zones a couple of times.  But if it came between him and me being able to earn a living, there's no question what I'd do.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Razgovory on February 20, 2012, 08:54:31 PM
Actually, how do the Chinese view Americans in their country?  How does the government?

They really don't seem to care at all, TBH. It's definitely not Soviet-esque here. I don't even get many stares from locals for being a foreigner, but that's because I'm in Shanghai, not Bumfuck, China.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on February 20, 2012, 11:45:00 PM

If and when it comes to it, if nobody else will take them, hand them over to the local humane society.  Tell them you're leaving for overseas, are very sad, but can not find anyone to take them.  They do manage to adopt most pets you know.

I don't think I could ever just abandon a pet like that.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Richland sheriff is open Wednesday mornings to fingerprint civilians.  I'll be off then to do it.  If another PD can do it tomorrow on my break, I'll try then.

I requested a quote for transport of three cats to Jochiwon.  I'm not very sanguine about the possibility--Delta's domestic figures are like $200 an animal.  There is also the matter of acquiring the documentation proving they're safe--which is retarded, I'm sure cats in Korea are completely disease free. :rolleyes:

My sister basically refused to take care of them, even for $100 a month; she also refused to name a figure at which she would accept them.  Evidently she can't be bought, which is purely ridiculous.  I feel instead I should contract with someone for whom a $100 check every month (which means about a $50 a month profit) would matter more.  My stepsister would be ideal, but that branch of the family is allergic to cats. <_<

Don't start.  You know how much they mean to me.

A thought occurred to me while I was getting something to eat: I have a car.  I also know someone who would like to own a car.  I am passably certain I could deal with him.

However, the underlying problem is that the only people in this world I can trust to not pocket my money while throwing my cats in a river are my family, and Korea.  Unfortunately, in my nuclear family, there is my father and his allergic wife, my allergic stepsister, and my sister.

Some of my extended family may be amenable to a $100-200 (?) stipend and doing me a solid, however.  My aunt is a lonely old widower, after all.  Cats are the natural accessory to sad women facing the prospect of dying alone.  When you think about, I'd be doing her a favor.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on February 20, 2012, 11:54:13 PM

Gaol is Beeb's default solution to everyhing.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Barrister

I'm not saying you throw them in a sack in the river.

But if you can't find someone who wants them - let the Humane Society try to find a good home.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on February 21, 2012, 12:07:00 AM

But if you can't find someone who wants them - let the Humane Society try to find a good home.

AKA let them go to a nice farm where they can run around and play with other cats. :x

katmai

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on February 21, 2012, 12:07:50 AM
Quote from: Barrister on February 21, 2012, 12:07:00 AM

AKA let them go to a nice farm where they can run around and play with other cats. :x

The Humane Society does manage to adopt most pets.  Not all, but most.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on February 21, 2012, 12:10:56 AM
The Humane Society does manage to adopt most pets.  Not all, but most.

That's comforting. :rolleyes:

garbon

katmai

If not to the Humane Society and his family won't take them, what do you want him to do garbo?

Ideologue

So, your advice to someone who's vowed to never take another animal's life, is to commit the animals he cares more about than most humans to the tender mercies of an organization that will lock them in a cage and "try" not to kill them?

I mean, I'd drive down to Florida and release them into the wild before I took them to Katzenkonzentrationslager.  I'll do what I always do.  Turn death into a fighting chance to live.
Kinemalogue