News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned

Started by viper37, January 31, 2012, 12:09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 01, 2012, 01:36:17 AM
Can't help it if I am strong, and you are weak.

Really, I don't mean to be cruel...

But when my little guy goes "daddy! Daddy!" with a big grin on his face when I come to pick him up I certainly don't feel weak. :cool:

Of course as is the way with little guys, immediately after going "daddy!" he goes back to playing with matchbox cars, and cries when I try and take him away from them. <_<
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on February 01, 2012, 01:56:08 AM
Thanks for the collateral damage, man.

The conceits of breeders know no bounds.  LULZ MY LIFE HAS MOR VALU THAN YOURS PWN3D

11B4V

Quote from: viper37 on January 31, 2012, 12:09:15 PM
This is the kind of thing that could only happen in New York, I guess :)

One of the reasons "NOT" to have a joint bank account.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Richard Hakluyt

I'm with BB and CdM on the financial arrangements, both make sense. What doesn't make sense to me is "sharing" one's life with someone and not sharing the finances. Ah well, 25 years coming up for me and the missus this year, nearly all our arrangements are based around our marriage and children, I now find it hard to imagine the single state  :hmm:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on February 01, 2012, 01:56:08 AM
Thanks for the collateral damage, man.

Weren't you planning on getting a vastectomy? :unsure:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

Quote from: HVC on January 31, 2012, 08:18:30 PM
I do hope you're right. But you know, just in case, start some off shore accounts :D

Nothing like imbezzeling your own finances. :lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

PDH

Of course, on the flip side...allowing my ex-wife to run off with the money made it far, far, easier for her to go.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Quote from: PDH on February 01, 2012, 08:22:26 AM
Of course, on the flip side...allowing my ex-wife to run off with the money made it far, far, easier for her to go.

That would enrage me and I'd hunt her down.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 01, 2012, 08:34:53 AM
That would enrage me and I'd hunt her down.

If you love someone, set them free.
If they stay, they are yours forever.
If they leave,

hunt them down with extreme prejudice.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

garbon

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on February 01, 2012, 03:19:16 AM
What doesn't make sense to me is "sharing" one's life with someone and not sharing the finances.

Because it can bite you in the ass if you don't end up sharing your whole life?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

viper37

Quote from: Malthus on January 31, 2012, 04:33:06 PM
Another possibility is that the ad's a fake, put up by the company that owns the billboards to plug advertising space.  ;)

Lack of personally identifying details ...
doesn't matter, it's a great ad.  though I'd swear I saw something like that somewhere.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 01, 2012, 12:40:54 AM
I believe in 100% control of my assets.  Which is why I am 100% divorce-proof.
it's the only way to live dude.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Martinus

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?