News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Recipes Demanded

Started by Darth Wagtaros, January 30, 2012, 11:35:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

This Thursday will be Mead Night. So I need recipes for foods that will include honey.  I hate pork, so nothing that involves pork products outside of bacon, which is not pork but some incredibly, magicly delicious class by itself.
PDH!

Syt

Get some chicken legs or chicken breasts, spice with salt and pepper, then cover in honey and herbs. Shove into the oven till done.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Darth Wagtaros

I could brine them with honey I guess.
PDH!

Sheilbh

Does it have to be savoury?  Could you do a honey cake or a pain d'epices?
Let's bomb Russia!

Barrister

I do a honey-lime marinade for chicken.  Honey, lime juice, olive oil, some spices, sit in the marinade for a couple hours, then cook.  Pretty tasty.

Your missing out on pork though, as my first (and second, and third) thoughts all involved pork...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Darth Wagtaros

Could be dessert, or an app.  Someone is already doing baked brie. 
PDH!

Syt

You can also take plain yoghurt, sweeten it with honey and then add whatever you like (walnuts, grapes, berries, raisins or whatever).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Oexmelin

Put a camembert in the oven (400F) for 10 min (put it in a plate)
In the meantime, heat up some honey (2-4 tbsp?) so that it becomes somewhat liquid without boiling.
Take the camembert out, sprinkle with some fresh rosemary, pierce the camembert and pour the honey on top of the cheese.
Serve with toasts with just a little touch of balsamic vinegar in them.
Que le grand cric me croque !

CountDeMoney

I'm afraid I don't have my receipts.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 30, 2012, 01:21:55 PM
I'm afraid I don't have my receipts.

How do you demonstrate your value then? :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

garbon