Main Menu

Languish Will Die ...

Started by mongers, January 29, 2012, 08:31:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

I think it's just for pms/email.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 29, 2012, 08:48:53 AM

No it kills their posts.  :cool: :unsure:  :(

I tried Timmay just as an experiment, but it didn't kill the threads he started.  :(   :P

But I took him off as he such a valuable member, I didn't temporarily put two posters on the list and so far I'm enjoying the results.   :D

PDH

You can't ignore me that easily, Mongers.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Josquius

At another forum I use they have one and....in practice it didn't work for me.
It hides the posts of members but it still says "This post is hidden because X is on your ignore list"
and of course when those idiots are weighing in....the temptation is too high.
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quote from: PDH on January 29, 2012, 09:07:46 AM
You can't ignore me that easily, Mongers.

Yes, but you could with me, just think of all those inane posts about cycling that you could happily ignore.  :P

PDH

I don't need no machine to tell me what to ignore!  I am a man, goddammit, not some bot-loving, brie eating monster.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

The Brain

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 29, 2012, 08:48:53 AM

We don't have that many women here anyway.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DontSayBanana

It replaces posts with "You are ignoring this user. Show me the post" as well.
Experience bij!

Neil

I assume that none of you can ignore me anyways.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

I don't understand the point of an ignore feature. Does one have so little will that they can't ignore a post on their own? :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

I don't understand the point of an ignore feature. I mean, don't you have the willpower to just ignore a post on your own?

Razgovory

Everyone one who has ignored me, keeps on responding to my provocations posts, so clearly not.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on January 29, 2012, 01:16:10 PM
Everyone one who has ignored me, keeps on responding to my provocations posts, so clearly not.

Raz have you also considered people who don't ignore you posts, don't respond to them.  ?

Because that's the feeling I get with mine in general.  :P

DontSayBanana

Cuts down flamewars when one party thinks to avoid the other?
Experience bij!