News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Dog Megathread

Started by fhdz, January 25, 2012, 07:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Our dog Roscoe passed away this morning. :cry:

He'd been having a rough couple of days, figured it was due to his knee.  He blew out an ACL a couple years ago years ago, had surgery, blew it out again.  We'd been treating it with an anti-inflammatory, he seemed to get much better, so we stopped a few months ago.  But this week it turned really cold, I thought the cold was just getting to him.

He'd been eating less and less, not very active.  Last day or two he virtually refused to go outside, yesterday he did refuse, could barely stand - I had to carry him outside to do his business (and he's a 70lb dog).

We made a bed for him at the front landing, since he clearly couldn't make his way up the steps.  Timmy could tell Roscoe wasn't feeling well, so he was beside him giving him pets, then decided that singing would make him feel better, so he belted out Twinkle Twinkle and Old MacDonald.  When I told Timmy it was time for bed, he insisted on taking me by the hand over to Roscoe so I could stay and keep him company instead.

Roscoe somehow heroically climbed the stairs to come to bed at 6am.  I discovered he threw up twice last night.  Shortly after I got to work there was a call saying he had come back down the stairs when everyone was awake, laid down and just didn't get up again. :cry:

Now I'm just sitting here crying in my office.  I have 20 minutes to get it under control - I have to be in court at 10.

Goodbye Roscoe. :hug:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Richard Hakluyt

Tamas

DGuller

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

Very sad, so sorry for you and your family.  :(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Jacob

As I may have mentioned, our dog is a stray dog from Tehran - we got her through an Iranian group who operate the only dog shelter in Iran and try to foster them out in Europe and North America.

As part of their fund-raising, they publish a calendar for 2014 with pictures of dogs who've gone on to be successfully settled with "forever families"; our dog is Miss November (she's a model, you see). They also have a little blurb about the history of the dog in question, and through the one on our dog we learned that they found her as an almost newborn puppy lying next to the dead body of her mother :cry: No wonder she's a little messed up in the head, having had such an inauspicious start to her life.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jacob on December 04, 2013, 02:24:49 PM
As I may have mentioned, our dog is a stray dog from Tehran - we got her through an Iranian group who operate the only dog shelter in Iran and try to foster them out in Europe and North America.

As part of their fund-raising, they publish a calendar for 2014 with pictures of dogs who've gone on to be successfully settled with "forever families"; our dog is Miss November (she's a model, you see). They also have a little blurb about the history of the dog in question, and through the one on our dog we learned that they found her as an almost newborn puppy lying next to the dead body of her mother :cry: No wonder she's a little messed up in the head, having had such an inauspicious start to her life.

This is so Xiacob.