And we're back!

Main Menu

The Dog Megathread

Started by fhdz, January 25, 2012, 07:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

Pooch looks like it lived a good life.  :)

Admiral Yi

Yesterday I had a dog experience I've never had before.

I was at a bar buddy's crib getting my hair cut.  She has a dog.  I had been there before; we'd met and I thought we had buddied up.  But this time she (the dog) was all barking and growling at me.  She had to be put in the cage.

In my experience, once a dog has sniffed you out and wagged its tail at you, you're good for life.  This is the first time that hasn't happened.

CountDeMoney

Dogs can sometimes be just as moody as people.  Could've been what you were wearing, what you smelled like that was different since the last time you were there, etc.  Any number of things.

jimmy olsen

Sorry to hear that 11B4V :( :console:

Yi, have you considered the possibility that you are possessed by a dark supernatural entity? Dogs can sense that kind of thing. Any mysterious blackouts/blocks of time you can't remember what you were doing?  :hmm:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Viking

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 22, 2014, 07:56:23 PM
Dogs can sometimes be just as moody as people.  Could've been what you were wearing, what you smelled like that was different since the last time you were there, etc.  Any number of things.

Sometimes dogs have bad days too. Sometimes you wear something that they associate with something bad. Sometimes the dog just needs to pick on somebody. It's also quite possible the dog just didn't remember you.

or it smelled he dark juju infesting your body from the stripper you sacrificed to the spirit of cthulu last week.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Barrister

That sucks 11B.  Looks like he lead a full life though.  For whatever comfort that brings.

The resident 3 year old still asks about our dog Roscoe, who died 2 months ago.  I think we've established we all love Roscoe, and he loves us, and we'll always remember him in our hearts, but he is at God's house now and won't be coming back here even though we miss him.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 22, 2014, 10:21:55 PM
Yi, have you considered the possibility that you are possessed by a dark supernatural entity?

Of course.

Josquius

I wish it was easier to take dogs to different countries. I really wish I had one :(
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Quote from: Viking on January 22, 2014, 11:21:54 PM
It's also quite possible the dog just didn't remember you.

:o
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

11B4V

Quote from: Barrister on January 22, 2014, 11:46:42 PM
That sucks 11B.  Looks like he lead a full life though.  For whatever comfort that brings.

The resident 3 year old still asks about our dog Roscoe, who died 2 months ago.  I think we've established we all love Roscoe, and he loves us, and we'll always remember him in our hearts, but he is at God's house now and won't be coming back here even though we miss him.

Yesterday was a hard day. I stayed with the old man till the end. I thought it disrespectful to leave him all alone and not be there.

I believe each dog has it's own personality and character quirks. These are brought out when they are integrated into your family and your life.

I remember when I took a trip to the Humane Society in Columbus, GA in 1998. I was looking for a similar dog to Bonnie, who was a long haired Black Retriever/Lab mix. The area they kept the dogs in was a long hall with cages on one side. At the end of the hall it opened up into two large pen areas sectioned off by a low cinder block partition, about two feet high. I made my way down the hallway finding a couple of prospects arriving at the pen areas. The first pen contained six or seven puppies all asleep but one, who was walking around, carrying on keeping himself entertained. He came up to me at the edge of the pen, quite friendly young fella. I thought maybe, but was still looking for a dog like Bonnie. I turned around and worked my way back through the hall cages to check out the prospects. About half way I glanced back and saw a head peek over the partition, Kilroy like. I continued with what I was doing and the young fella started with a god awful racket, barking and carrying on. I walked back to the pen area to see what all the racket was about. When I got back to the edge of the pen, he stood there quietly looking at me, his brothers and sisters still laying all around asleep. I looked at him for a few seconds, turned around and walked down the hall to leave the holding area. The barking, whining and carrying on reached crescendo of absurdity. I stopped by the receptionist desk and told the lady there I'll take the spastic one making all the racket. So, Clyde was special, I didn't pick him he picked me.   
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

katmai

:cry:

Sorry 11B, but sounded like he had good life.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

11B4V

A friend at work turned me on to a friend of his wife. After a phone con I will drive down and look at this young man on Monday.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

garbon

Umm, that's a dog not a young man. :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.