And we're back!

Main Menu

SOPA or how America hates the Internet.

Started by Grey Fox, November 18, 2011, 01:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 19, 2012, 12:41:26 PM
Quote from: fahdiz on January 19, 2012, 12:39:50 PM
I'm serious - I was wondering what would happen if someone like Google chose to black out - people who use gmail for their work email (lots of nonprofits and schools do this these days) would be SOL for 24 hours...I wonder if there would be grounds to sue a company who says they will host your files/email/what-have-you and then denies you access to them for a reason which is not outage or maintenance related.

Can you sue someone for withholding a free service?  Serious question.

Google charges for a lot of services on the corporate level.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien