And we're back!

Main Menu

SOPA or how America hates the Internet.

Started by Grey Fox, November 18, 2011, 01:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Berkut on January 17, 2012, 01:06:39 PM
Obama just killed it. And good for him.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngaudiosi/2012/01/16/obama-says-so-long-sopa-killing-controversial-internet-piracy-legislation/

Yeah, but is that "I'll veto it" against it, or "I'll sign it anyway, but I'll make comments against it in my signing statement" against it? Or perhaps "I'm against it now, but if it's placed as an amendment or a rider in another bill later, I'll sign it anyway."
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Martinus

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 17, 2012, 11:04:35 AM
Quote from: katmai on January 17, 2012, 11:02:44 AM
Is languish pirating? Then I say we arrest moldy!

All those avatars, one is bond to be copyrighted. Blacklisted!

Mine is.  By me. :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: fahdiz on January 17, 2012, 01:25:33 PM
Yes, a lot of other people fretted so you wouldn't have to.

They wouldn't have had to fret if other people hadn't wasted time agitating for the legislation.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 17, 2012, 01:42:44 PM

They wouldn't have had to fret if other people hadn't wasted time agitating for the legislation.

We can hardly expect the MPAA to stop being retards overnight. They've been doing this since the invention of motion pictures.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on January 17, 2012, 01:35:50 PM
But the logo is owned by the Jets.  So if you lived in a US in a hypothetical universe where they passed this, the Winnipeg Jets would take possession of your firstborn.  Which, if he's really good at hockey, might work out for you anyways.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on January 17, 2012, 01:48:11 PM
Quote from: Barrister on January 17, 2012, 01:35:50 PM
But the logo is owned by the Jets.  So if you lived in a US in a hypothetical universe where they passed this, the Winnipeg Jets would take possession of your firstborn.  Which, if he's really good at hockey, might work out for you anyways.

I think the logo is owned by the CF, and licensed to the Jets. :hmm:

My kid has a little toy hockey stick.  He actually picked it up and was using it to hit a ball around the floor the other day. :cry:

Josephus

America's black communist president saves the internet :)
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on January 17, 2012, 01:54:57 PM

My kid has a little toy hockey stick.  He actually picked it up and was using it to hit a ball around the floor the other day. :cry:

My kid has just about worn out his little wooden souvenir Blues hockey stick.  And pucks slide surprisingly well on our living room hardwood floor.  In terms of "playing", so far he's showing more interest in hockey than football, baseball or basketball.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

My kid has a baseball he throws around the house  :cool:

Fortunately at 14 months he does not have much of an arm.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on January 17, 2012, 02:22:33 PM
Quote from: Barrister on January 17, 2012, 01:54:57 PM

My kid has just about worn out his little wooden souvenir Blues hockey stick.  And pucks slide surprisingly well on our living room hardwood floor.  In terms of "playing", so far he's showing more interest in hockey than football, baseball or basketball.

Excellent...

Of course if my kid has shown any interest ing "playing" any sport, it's probably curling.  He loves to grab mommy's broom and run around with it.

It's a shame that 40lb hunks of granite make for very poor children's toys. :(

garbon

Quote from: garbon on January 17, 2012, 01:22:26 PM
I'm glad I didn't waste time fretting.

Unlikely. We're likely looking at a few staffers whose job this is anyway.  Internet angst doesn't matter much.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Quote from: Barrister on January 17, 2012, 02:29:16 PM
Excellent...

Of course if my kid has shown any interest ing "playing" any sport, it's probably curling.  He loves to grab mommy's broom and run around with it.

It's a shame that 40lb hunks of granite make for very poor children's toys. :(
you foresee curler, i foresee male maid :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.