Poland fines pop star Doda for bashing Bible

Started by jimmy olsen, January 17, 2012, 09:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Ideologue on January 17, 2012, 10:13:24 PM
Er, wow.

Isn't Poland party to some EU law or other international law that prevents them from doing stupid shit like this?

This is sadly exempted. And it's not like the EU is the fount of freedom of speech anyway. Just try saying in Germany that Holocaust didnt happen or in the UK that muslims are terrorist pigs.

I warm myself by the expectation that when the secular side eventually wins in Poland through numbers, catholics will be shipped off to camps.

Ed Anger

Somebody is using up their daily allotment of 'cretin' today.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 18, 2012, 08:16:41 AM
Somebody is using up their daily allotment of 'cretin' today.

That's one thing I have in unlimited quantities. 

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on January 18, 2012, 08:16:22 AM
I warm myself by the expectation that when the secular side eventually wins in Poland through numbers, catholics will be shipped off to camps.

One would think all the railing against birth control and abortion would make the Catholics immune to this particular strategy. :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Not really. This is about people turning away from catholicism, not about out breeding them. Besides, catholics are quite notorious for not following church teachings on sex. You guys constantly fail to grasp it's a cultural, not spiritual thing, in catholic countries.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on January 18, 2012, 08:29:57 AM
Besides, catholics are quite notorious for not following church teachings on sex.

I know.  That was what I was attempting to make fun of.  It is the same here except for the weirdos like Santorum.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Drakken

Well tried, Doda, but you're not quite up there with Sinaed O'Connor in single-handedly destroying your career yet.