News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Korean Culture

Started by jimmy olsen, January 11, 2012, 08:29:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Quote from: Tyr on January 17, 2012, 05:08:57 AM
I occasionally even get a "GAIJIN DA!" or two from passing kids. That kind of thing is supposed to be long gone

On the subway in Tokyo, I had a group of kids looking up at me (I am 6' 6") saying "sugoi!".

Ideologue

Quote from: Tonitrus on January 17, 2012, 07:36:35 PM
Quote from: Tyr on January 17, 2012, 05:08:57 AM
I occasionally even get a "GAIJIN DA!" or two from passing kids. That kind of thing is supposed to be long gone

On the subway in Tokyo, I had a group of kids looking up at me (I am 6' 6") saying "sugoi!".

LOL.

I laugh because of what I associate with that word.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on January 17, 2012, 03:54:55 AM
I definitely got more stares in Seoul and Incheon than I have in Shanghai. And little kids looking at me, and excitedly telling their parants "Oma, waygookin!" ("Mama, foreigner!").

The latter was always cute, though. I never got a chance to look back at them, act surprised and say "Oh, Hangukin!" ("Korean!").  :lol:
By the way, that's a brilliant idea and I want to do it now.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point