Started by jimmy olsen, January 11, 2012, 08:29:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 11, 2012, 10:54:13 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on January 11, 2012, 10:33:34 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 11, 2012, 08:29:46 PM
:weep:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FClvkW6w_FQ

A bunch of horny military guys with the go ahead/excuse to oogle(sound it out Marty) and cat-call hot females.

So what.
They're acting more like love struck teenage girls than rowdy military guys.

God, you're sexist.

Anyway, I don't understand why they serve in isolation.  Like, when the American military deploys, they're deploying to Iraq or Afghanistan or Iran or wherever.  These dudes are, like, walking out their front door to go put bullets in unmotivated starving people (should it be necessary).  Is it a reaction time thing?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

Please don't call me God. -_-
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 17, 2012, 02:20:16 AM
Please don't call me God. -_-

G-d don't post any more alt-hist.   :Joos :pope: :osama:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Josquius

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 17, 2012, 01:53:19 AM
A Korean ad telling people not to freak out about foreigners.  :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YsU6S9zLVM&feature=related
What a strange thing to run ads about. :s
██████
██████
██████

HisMajestyBOB

I definitely got more stares in Seoul and Incheon than I have in Shanghai. And little kids looking at me, and excitedly telling their parants "Oma, waygookin!" ("Mama, foreigner!").

The latter was always cute, though. I never got a chance to look back at them, act surprised and say "Oh, Hangukin!" ("Korean!").  :lol:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Ideologue

"You're gookin' way more than me, kid."
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on January 17, 2012, 03:54:55 AM
I definitely got more stares in Seoul and Incheon than I have in Shanghai. And little kids looking at me, and excitedly telling their parants "Oma, waygookin!" ("Mama, foreigner!").

The latter was always cute, though. I never got a chance to look back at them, act surprised and say "Oh, Hangukin!" ("Korean!").  :lol:
Are there more foreigners in Shanghai, or is it just a cultural difference?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

I occasionally even get a "GAIJIN DA!" or two from passing kids. That kind of thing is supposed to be long gone
██████
██████
██████

Lettow77

To be fair, you are a hairy barbarian who stinks of butter
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 17, 2012, 03:58:43 AM
Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on January 17, 2012, 03:54:55 AM

Are there more foreigners in Shanghai, or is it just a cultural difference?

I think it's a little of both. Shanghai is more of an international city, first of all.
Plus, I suspect the fact that China isn't as homogeneous as Korea is another factor.

Iormlund

My brother backpacked through China a couple years ago with some friends and he says that for example a lot of people asked to take a picture with them.

Lettow77

class at 9:30- i've decided to take a short nap

Truly, this is The Most Dangerous Game

Edit: How embarrassing, to have put this in the wrong thread! Was in a sort of delerium..

What lovely weather! On the walk to class, a warm air with heavy wind; on the way back, hard rain with wind so hard it stung your face. Well, i'm certainly awake now! 
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Iormlund on January 17, 2012, 08:59:54 AM
My brother backpacked through China a couple years ago with some friends and he says that for example a lot of people asked to take a picture with them.

Well, there is still a big difference between Shanghai and the countryside ;)
I got a lot more stares in the smaller cities and countryside of Korea than in Seoul, but got more in Seoul than in Shanghai.

Josquius

Quote from: Iormlund on January 17, 2012, 08:59:54 AM
I've heard of that too but that was from people there many years ago, not just a few, I thought it was over by now. hmm....
██████
██████
██████