News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Scorpio's Choice

Started by Kleves, January 16, 2012, 11:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your least favorite country: Italy or France?

Italy
15 (45.5%)
France
18 (54.5%)

Total Members Voted: 32

katmai

Thank you, it's always nice to get recognition.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

Bah, Katmai's all talk. We should call him "lips".
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

You rat bastard. I already won the referendum. It's asshole to you
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Habbaku

Quote from: Kleves on January 17, 2012, 09:45:55 AM
On the other hand, can you imagine the damage the Italians would have done to the Allied cause if they had joined the Allies?

:huh:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Razgovory

Quote from: Habbaku on January 17, 2012, 12:33:08 PM
On the other hand, can you imagine the damage the Italians would have done to the Allied cause if they had joined the Allies?

:huh:

I know, they did join the allies.  Just move along.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

Of course, they did join the Allies:

"Please to inform your Lordships that the Italian battle fleet now lies at anchor under the guns of the fortress of Malta." - A.B.C.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Neil

If a ship's name is too long to fit on a hat band, you should probably rethink the name.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

dps

Quote from: Ideologue on January 16, 2012, 11:37:10 PM
Italy.  By a huge fucking margin.

Wrong side in World War II? Yeah.

Whereas France has got its problems, but more or less, ca va.

Yeah, but Italy being a member of the Axis was a net plus for the Allies, whereas France being an Allied nation was a net plus for the Nazis.

Valmy

Quote from: dps on January 17, 2012, 04:08:32 PM
Yeah, but Italy being a member of the Axis was a net plus for the Allies, whereas France being an Allied nation was a net plus for the Nazis.

You sure?   Seems harder to land on the Baltic Coast.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Habbaku

Yeah, I'm sure the Allies had nothing better to do with the hundreds of thousands of soldiers, planes and tanks they used to fight Italy.  :homestar:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

Quote from: Habbaku on January 17, 2012, 04:14:20 PM
Yeah, I'm sure the Allies had nothing better to do with the hundreds of thousands of soldiers, planes and tanks they used to fight Italy.  :homestar:

Apparently they didn't.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Neil

Quote from: Habbaku on January 17, 2012, 04:14:20 PM
Not really.  They weren't going to invade France with such a paltry force, and they weren't going to invade in a worthless, secondary front like Greece or Yugoslavia.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ideologue

Macedonian front was the place to be in WW1.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)