News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Scorpio's Choice

Started by Kleves, January 16, 2012, 11:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your least favorite country: Italy or France?

Italy
15 (45.5%)
France
18 (54.5%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Kleves

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ideologue

Italy.  By a huge fucking margin.

Antiziganists? Check.
Berlusconi? Ugh.
Wrong side in World War II? Yeah.
Culturally useless since, at the latest, 1700? Basically.

Whereas France has got its problems, but more or less, ca va.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Jacob

That's a dumb question. Both countries are awesome.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on January 16, 2012, 11:47:45 PM
I don't understand.

It's from that Simpsons episode where Homer goes to work for a James Bond-esque villain named Hank Scorpio, who asks Homer--who never realizes that he's working for a science-terrorist--what his least favorite country is.  Homer says France, and Scorpio proceeds to attack it with a laser, shaking his head good-naturedly, and remarking "No one ever says Italy."

Which is silly, because Italy sucks.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Gotcha, well I'm going to go with what Jacob said. Countries with Florence and Paris can't be that awful.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

This is way up there among my favorite episodes.

I struggled with this one, but eventually clicked France.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

The problem with Italy is it's full of Italians.
The French rock.

That being said, I've never needed to travel to either country, as I can sufficiently rely upon WW2 movie caricatures to form my opinions of them both.

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 17, 2012, 12:47:09 AM
The problem with Italy is it's full of Italians.

This really begs a rather obvious response...

I absolutely loved going to Italy.  I've never been to France, or really even Quebec, but I do have found memories of Hull...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

DGuller

France may be constantly mocked, but it's still a highly functioning country at the end of the day, and has been a highly functional entity for many centuries.  Italy, on the other hand, has never managed to get out of its own way.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Barrister on January 17, 2012, 02:23:00 AMbut I do have found memories of Hull...

All those lost memories of Hull found a home.  :hug:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Josquius

IIRC that was one of the first episodes I saw. Which was confusing (well, not as confusing as THE first episode being that weird showcase sketch show one with the alternative old Lisa...)

Anyway. As much as I want to say kill France and save Italy it is the most useful in the modern world.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: Tyr on January 17, 2012, 03:01:54 AM
IIRC that was one of the first episodes I saw. Which was confusing (well, not as confusing as THE first episode being that weird showcase sketch show one with the alternative old Lisa...)

Anyway. As much as I want to say kill France and save Italy it is the most useful in the modern world.

Vive la difference, dude.
Kinemalogue