Paula’s big fat secret

Started by garbon, January 13, 2012, 12:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: garbon on January 15, 2012, 01:15:56 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on January 13, 2012, 09:57:44 PM
Quote from: Maximus on January 13, 2012, 09:53:56 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on January 13, 2012, 07:07:01 PM
Fried Food Day is later this month. I like smoked mozzerella, wrapped with some filo dough, and then after being deep fried drizzled with honey.

You had me up to the honey. What is it with people putting sugar on perfectly good food?

I don't get it either.  Cheese and sugar are separate but equal.

Except cheesecake is like a delicious mulatto girl.

Brie and honey is delish.
Yes. Toss it in puff pastry and bake, drizzle with a bit of honey.  Devour with crackers.
PDH!

Ideologue

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 15, 2012, 01:36:35 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on January 14, 2012, 05:18:07 PM
Quote from: katmaiUh Ide, they are mostly Filipinos. Working in the fish processing plants

I'll be working in their fish process plants, all right.  Bow chicka bow wow.

Probably has a highly skewed gender ratio as well.

That's pretty sexist.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

The Philippines is a sexist place.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 16, 2012, 02:02:04 AM
The Philippines is a sexy place.

And Kodiak is a lot closer than Columbia. Oh yeah.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

Quote from: The Brain on January 13, 2012, 07:19:26 PM
Jesus. Read the instructions next time.

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: Fuck, I don't remember the last time I laughed like that.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tonitrus

Saw this on MSN and couldn't resist....USA USA USA

QuotePaula Deen's Most Outrageous Delicious Recipes

1. The Lady's Brunch Burger

Deemed a heart attack on a plate by many websites, this sinful recipe is probably the most talked about. Deen's recipe calls for a beef burger seasoned with onion and parsley, topped with an egg fried in butter, plus crispy bacon — and all of it rests between glazed donuts (though Deen's recipe also suggests using English Muffins).

2. Bill Nicholson's Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding

Staying on the donut theme, Paula has combined two great desserts into one delicious mess. The batter includes two (yes two!) dozen Krispy Kreme donuts, 1 can of condensed milk, and 2 eggs. Deen does manage to include a little fruit — a can of fruit cocktail and raisins — but the dish is topped with a luscious Butter Rum Sauce.

3. Twinkie Pie

Paula Deen may be able to single-handedly save Hostess, who recently filed for bankruptcy, if she could only get everyone to make this Twinkie Pie, which calls for 1 1/2 boxes of Twinkies.

4. Peanut Butter Cheese Fudge

Peanut Butter? Check. Cheese? Check. This sweet and savory fudge reminiscent of those Cheddar crackers with the peanut butter you get from a vending machine, also includes two boxes of confectioner's sugar.

5. Fried Butter Balls

We really can't blame Paula Deen for this one, since the trend at state fairs around the country has been to fry everything from Coca-Cola to Oreos. If Deen didn't apply her favorite cooking technique — frying — with her favorite ingredient — butter — then she wouldn't be living up to her rich reputation.

6. Paula's Fried Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich

Elvis might have been a fan of Paula's Fried Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich, though he was known to add a little salty bacon to top his off. Deen skips the bacon in favor of spreading the slices of bread and frying the sandwich in, wait for it...butter!

7. Deep Fried Mac and Cheese

Most of us don't fry our mac 'n cheese, but Deen takes that Southern favorite one step further by dredging pre-prepared and chilled squares in flour, egg, and breadcrumbs. But just in case you thought her mac 'n cheese got its creaminess from the Cheddar only, don't forget about the butter and the sour cream.

8. Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf

Need we say more?

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: Tonitrus on February 01, 2012, 12:55:52 AM
Saw this on MSN and couldn't resist....USA USA USA

Thems look like some tasty vittles.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Ed Anger

Ideologue

I like how there are many vegetarian options in Paula's kitchen. :)
Kinemalogue

Ed Anger

Forget Paula....Giada is where it is at.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

Jacob

Is Giada related to Deen? Or something you can make from one of her recipes?