Hey Nerds, you ready for D&D 5e?

Started by Ed Anger, January 09, 2012, 07:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Darth Wagtaros

Wasn't 4 bad enough? What's this one, they just gonna tell people to subscribe to some lame ass MMO?
PDH!

Caliga

The Wizards of the Coast people seem to think they're releasing software.  Hire some developers dudes... then you can justify these constant 'reboots'.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

They keep firing their people at Christmas.

Razgovory

I suppose this is a fairly profitable model.  I never really got into 3E and never bought anything for 4E.  I wonder how much more they can fuck up the Forgotten Realms though.  Perhaps they can include a mechanic to farm gold, just to make it a bit more like WoW.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Habbaku

I will inevitably buy it, if for no other reason than to be able to bitch about it later.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Valmy

So glad I am too old to play these games now.  4th ed we hardly knew ye.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on January 10, 2012, 12:07:03 AM
I wonder how much more they can fuck up the Forgotten Realms though.

That setting ended with 3rd edition right?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on January 10, 2012, 09:08:29 AM
So glad I am too old to play these games now.  4th ed we hardly knew ye.

You are never to old to wear +5 helm of pony friendship.

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 10, 2012, 09:13:03 AM

Ewwwww.  I am not teh Brain.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on January 10, 2012, 09:15:13 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on January 10, 2012, 09:13:03 AM

Ewwwww.  I am not teh Brain.

I just sat through my kids watching a recorded my little pony episode. So pony references for everybody.

Josquius

Say what?
Wasn't version 4 just a year or two back?
I remember AD&D v 2 was around forever. New versions are coming fast these days.
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

I have never been a big D&D fan. My entry into roleplaying was via Warhammer, which imo was a far superior system, then through GURPS into several other systems (Chaosium's, Storyteller and few others). So no, I won't be buying that shit.

Martinus

Quote from: Tyr on January 10, 2012, 09:35:31 AM
Say what?
Wasn't version 4 just a year or two back?
I remember AD&D v 2 was around forever. New versions are coming fast these days.

They have to milk the tards.

At least White Wolf releases a lot of readable fluff in their books, so it is even fun to read when you do not intend to run a system. D&D is a pure moneygrabbing machine.