News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

It's morning in Obama's America

Started by citizen k, January 07, 2012, 12:38:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: The Brain on January 13, 2012, 07:04:56 PM
The thread that is somehow impossible to find now?
I have a PDF of it (old FSB habits die hard).  :ph34r:

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on January 13, 2012, 07:10:02 PM
Quote from: The Brain on January 13, 2012, 07:04:56 PM
The thread that is somehow impossible to find now?
I have a PDF of it (old FSB habits die hard).  :ph34r:

Did you write your posts yourself?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DGuller

Here is that thread from 2005.  I got some small things wrong, but overall I find my predictions eerily accurate.  I originally printed it when the shit hit the fan in 2008.

http://www.scribd.com/fullscreen/78201279?access_key=key-y5bj9p0bqhwhec4xpyn

Maybe I should apply for a Fed Chairman position.  :hmm:

Razgovory

Wow.  Why did you do this?  Did I make a fool of myself?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Sheilbh

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 13, 2012, 06:00:34 PM
You guys realize that it wasn't the housing bubble that broke the economy, right?   We've had housing bubbles before.   
It was all the gambling surrounding it that made crisis affecting millions turn into one involving billions.
It was a credit bubble.  Housing was just a part of it.
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Quote from: DGuller on January 13, 2012, 07:30:09 PM
Here is that thread from 2005.  I got some small things wrong, but overall I find my predictions eerily accurate.  I originally printed it when the shit hit the fan in 2008.

http://www.scribd.com/fullscreen/78201279?access_key=key-y5bj9p0bqhwhec4xpyn

Maybe I should apply for a Fed Chairman position.  :hmm:
I miss Camper :(
Let's bomb Russia!

Ideologue

Quote from: IdeologueSo, if I understand this right, if I can get a decent job right on the cusp of the meltdown, AFTER the meltdown I can buy a cheap house? And there might even be a revolution? Rock on.

I miss me. :(
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

dps

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 13, 2012, 08:05:41 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 13, 2012, 06:00:34 PM
You guys realize that it wasn't the housing bubble that broke the economy, right?   We've had housing bubbles before.  
It was all the gambling surrounding it that made crisis affecting millions turn into one involving billions.
It was a credit bubble.  Housing was just a part of it.

Heck, credit is still probably too cheap and easy to get.

DGuller

Cheap, yes, but definitely not easy to get.

Razgovory

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 13, 2012, 08:10:07 PM

I miss Camper :(

Me too.  I wish he'd come back.  I hope he has a job.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Whoa, what happened to Camper?  Did something happen to Camper when I was gone?  I mean, I know he's not here now, but I thought he was one of the ones who just wandered off (like Vinraith, or Hamilcar, or me, for that matter).
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Ideologue on January 13, 2012, 11:24:43 PM
Whoa, what happened to Camper?  Did something happen to Camper when I was gone?  I mean, I know he's not here now, but I thought he was one of the ones who just wandered off (like Vinraith, or Hamilcar, or me, for that matter).

Hamilcar didn't exactly just "wander off." :contract:

And wow at the archived thread; Skippy, Yi, and Grumbles all lost big on that argument. :P
Experience bij!

DGuller

Quote from: DontSayBanana on January 14, 2012, 12:10:27 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on January 13, 2012, 11:24:43 PM

Hamilcar didn't exactly just "wander off." :contract:

And wow at the archived thread; Skippy, Yi, and Grumbles all lost big on that argument. :P
Did you not get to the bottom of the thread?  Lemonjello clearly wins the the Nostradamus Award in a virtual blowout.

Ideologue

And I'm pretty sure I'd already predicted an economic collapse by that point. :hmm:
Kinemalogue

DontSayBanana

Quote from: DGuller on January 14, 2012, 01:13:54 AM
Did you not get to the bottom of the thread?  Lemonjello clearly wins the the Nostradamus Award in a virtual blowout.

Actually, I did see that, just after I posted that comment. :blush:
Experience bij!