And we're back!

Main Menu

It's morning in Obama's America

Started by citizen k, January 07, 2012, 12:38:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Phillip V on January 10, 2012, 04:38:48 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on January 10, 2012, 09:32:12 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 10, 2012, 09:25:51 AMRegardless of the game, people who demagogue unfairly should be held to account.
I don't think so.  I think we'd have different ideas of demagoguing if it came to it. 

Ron Paul defends Mitt Romney on 'firing' comments.

'Speaking with reporters in New Hampshire, Ron Paul defended Mitt Romney against attacks on his comment about "firing people" -- and said any of his GOP rivals hitting Romney on the topic just don't understand the way the economy works:
Quote"I think they're way overboard on saying that he wants to fire people and he doesn't care. I mean it seems a little weird, me coming to the defense of Romney, but I think they're wrong. I think they're totally misunderstanding of what the market works – because reorganization is a proper role. You save companies, you save jobs, you reorganize companies that are going to go bankrupt – and they don't understand. They're either just demagoguing or they don't have the vaguest idea of how the market works."[/q]
Paul's campaign also sent out a statement on the topic shortly after he spoke, hitting Santorum, Gingrich and Huntsman for "using the language of the liberal left" in their hits on Romney.[/q]

Paul has difficulty remembering whether or not he saw and/or wrote some newsletters so...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Phillip V

Quote from: garbon on January 10, 2012, 04:40:47 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 10, 2012, 09:25:51 AMRegardless of the game, people who demagogue unfairly should be held to account.
I don't think so.  I think we'd have different ideas of demagoguing if it came to it. 

'Speaking with reporters in New Hampshire, Ron Paul defended Mitt Romney against attacks on his comment about "firing people" -- and said any of his GOP rivals hitting Romney on the topic just don't understand the way the economy works:
Quote"I think they're way overboard on saying that he wants to fire people and he doesn't care. I mean it seems a little weird, me coming to the defense of Romney, but I think they're wrong. I think they're totally misunderstanding of what the market works – because reorganization is a proper role. You save companies, you save jobs, you reorganize companies that are going to go bankrupt – and they don't understand. They're either just demagoguing or they don't have the vaguest idea of how the market works."[/q][/q]
Paul's campaign also sent out a statement on the topic shortly after he spoke, hitting Santorum, Gingrich and Huntsman for "using the language of the liberal left" in their hits on Romney.[/q]

Paul has difficulty remembering whether or not he saw and/or wrote some newsletters so...

Ron Paul on racist newsletters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2z2LQMx9KY

garbon

Quote from: Phillip V on January 10, 2012, 04:43:09 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 10, 2012, 04:40:47 PM

Quote"I think they're way overboard on saying that he wants to fire people and he doesn't care. I mean it seems a little weird, me coming to the defense of Romney, but I think they're wrong. I think they're totally misunderstanding of what the market works – because reorganization is a proper role. You save companies, you save jobs, you reorganize companies that are going to go bankrupt – and they don't understand. They're either just demagoguing or they don't have the vaguest idea of how the market works."[/q][/q]

So what? He hasn't had a consistent tale on each of the many times that it was explained.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: Phillip V on January 10, 2012, 04:43:09 PM

He doesn't explain it at all.  It's just "I didn't do it".  He doesn't say why there are racist newsletters under his name.  And as garbon has pointed out, his story has changed over the years.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 10, 2012, 08:06:01 AM
Huntsman went down in my book yesterday when he demagogued Romney's gaffe about enjoying firing people who give him services.
Yeah, that was pretty cheap.  However, Romney demagogued himself, with the context of his line about firing providers.  Implying that Obamacare would mean no choice in healthcare providers is just the further promotion of the Big Lie that Obamacare is socialized healthcare.  It's also a promotion of another lie that we have a choice now, when in fact most people are tied to their job's insurance.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DGuller on January 10, 2012, 05:11:00 PM
Yeah, that was pretty cheap.  However, Romney demagogued himself, with the context of his line about firing providers.  Implying that Obamacare would mean no choice in healthcare providers is just the further promotion of the Big Lie that Obamacare is socialized healthcare.  It's also a promotion of another lie that we have a choice now, when in fact most people are tied to their job's insurance.

You sure that was the context of his comment?

crazy canuck

So it is an integral part of the free market system for the boss to "like" firing people?

Phillip V

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 10, 2012, 05:18:50 PM
So it is an integral part of the free market system for the boss to "like" firing people?

Firing wasteful negative people, yes.

Admiral Yi

It's an integral part of the free market system that people who are unhappy with the service or goods they are receiving to vote with their wallets and take their business elsewhere.  I "like" not going back to places that I think sold me crappy goods or services. 

crazy canuck

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 10, 2012, 05:24:55 PM

It's an integral part of the free market system that people who are unhappy with the service or goods they are receiving to vote with their wallets and take their business elsewhere.  I "like" not going back to places that I think sold me crappy goods or services.

"Liking" firing people has nothing to do with what you have just said.

Razgovory

So Romney didn't like his job or he did?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 10, 2012, 05:26:00 PM

It has everything to do with what Romney said.  If there's no relationship between our two posts then yours was a total non-sequitor.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 10, 2012, 05:28:00 PM

It has everything to do with what Romney said.  If there's no relationship between our two posts then yours was a total non-sequitor.

Making a decision to fire employees because of economic requirments has nothing to do with liking doing it.  Liking the act of firing employees just makes you a cruel bastard.

Phillip V

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 10, 2012, 05:32:26 PM

Making a decision to fire employees because of economic requirments has nothing to do with liking doing it.  Liking the act of firing employees just makes you a cruel bastard.
Depends on which definition of "like" is being using. :rolleyes:

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 10, 2012, 05:32:26 PM

I like firing people who give me incompetent service. I enjoyed firing the vendor the other day who was making me look bad as he took his sweet time. Was really the only enjoyable process of dealing with him.