News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

It's morning in Obama's America

Started by citizen k, January 07, 2012, 12:38:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 07, 2012, 05:04:08 PM
He starts doing well in June because that's when he wins the nomination.  After that the Democratcs can actually start running for the Presidency.  Though I think their long primary actually helped them because it sort-of sucked the oxygen out of political stories once McCain had already won and was campaigning.  In much the same way that right now it's tough for Labour to get in on a story when there's coalition infighting (though Labour's problems are deeper than that).

It would help a lot if his graphs were labeled well enough to know what time frame we are actually looking at.  Also the Dow Jones isn't that good an indicator of the economy.  Truth be told the economy was never that strong under Bush.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on January 07, 2012, 05:09:30 PM

So where are the examples of people as big as Christie?

I don't know what Nadler or Frank's actual weight are, or what Christie's weight is.  I do know they were pretty heavy.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on January 07, 2012, 05:12:17 PM

I don't know what Nadler or Frank's actual weight are, or what Christie's weight is.  I do know they were pretty heavy.

Oh okay so the I can't make visual comparisons game. How about a simpler question then. Which of our president's has had a body type similar to Christie's?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Phillip V

Quote from: Razgovory on January 07, 2012, 05:10:57 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on January 07, 2012, 05:04:08 PM
He starts doing well in June because that's when he wins the nomination.  After that the Democratcs can actually start running for the Presidency.  Though I think their long primary actually helped them because it sort-of sucked the oxygen out of political stories once McCain had already won and was campaigning.  In much the same way that right now it's tough for Labour to get in on a story when there's coalition infighting (though Labour's problems are deeper than that).

It would help a lot if his graphs were labeled well enough to know what time frame we are actually looking at.  Also the Dow Jones isn't that good an indicator of the economy.  Truth be told the economy was never that strong under Bush.

Correct. The stock market is a good indicator of perceived economic strength/weakness. Traders are quite emotional. Like voters. ;)

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on January 07, 2012, 05:20:18 PM

Oh okay so the I can't make visual comparisons game. How about a simpler question then. Which of our president's has had a body type similar to Christie's?

OK I actually had no idea who this Christie dude is so I looked it

GAH IT'S EARTHWORM JIM
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

The Dow Jones isn't even the best indicator of the Stock Market.

Razgovory

Taft.  Of course that is a rather small pool.

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on January 07, 2012, 05:25:07 PM

Taft.  Of course that is a rather small pool.

:lol:

All of which is my point.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

OttoVonBismarck

I think Christie was actually observed losing weight when there was speculation he might run. I think if he got down to James Gandolfini size he'd project gravitas and his weight wouldn't be a hindrance.

garbon

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on January 09, 2012, 03:29:44 PM
I think Christie was actually observed losing weight when there was speculation he might run. I think if he got down to James Gandolfini size he'd project gravitas and his weight wouldn't be a hindrance.

You mean when he was hospitalized?

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: garbon on January 09, 2012, 03:31:09 PM

No, I mean awhile back I read a news article saying he had slimmed down and people speculated it may have been to run for President.

Slimmed down is a relative term when talking about Chris Christie, though.

garbon

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on January 09, 2012, 04:02:46 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 09, 2012, 03:31:09 PM

No, I mean awhile back I read a news article saying he had slimmed down and people speculated it may have been to run for President.

Slimmed down is a relative term when talking about Chris Christie, though.

Oh alright. Because last year near before announcing he wasn't going to run, the articles I saw were about the unhealthiness of his weight, especially for a relatively young father who had key moments in his children's lives to still see (or miss out on as the articles were suggesting).

Phillip V

'U.S. consumer borrowing rose by the most in a decade during November, surging 10% with Americans pulling out their credit cards as the holiday shopping season got rolling.'

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2012/01/09/consumer-credit-surged-in-november/

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Phillip V on January 09, 2012, 04:37:52 PM
'U.S. consumer borrowing rose by the most in a decade during November, surging 10% with Americans pulling out their credit cards as the holiday shopping season got rolling.'

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2012/01/09/consumer-credit-surged-in-november/

Wow, is it risk on now?

Hmmm... AmEx has good valuation. I wonder...
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers