Which Music Would You Like Played At Your 'Funeral' ?

Started by mongers, January 06, 2012, 04:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Continuing the theme about music and significant life events,

Which Music Would You Like Played At Your 'Funeral', If Any ?

For me, nothing. Hopefully I'll peg it out in the middle of nowhere and won't be discovered for years, so perhaps I'll say birdsong or the sounds of nature.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

Why would I have music?  I can't hear it.  Also, nobody will show up.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Sheilbh

Don't You Forget About Me.

My pall bearers will hold tape players up to the mob.  It'll be beautiful.
Let's bomb Russia!

DGuller

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Maximus

If I can't have peace and quiet at my own funeral when can I?

Malthus

The Parting Glass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FD5xQVqmAU

Heh, found this version. Somehow I like the raw Shane McGowan version better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcSqI1KZiLI&feature=related
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Admiral Yi

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall