News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball 2012

Started by jimmy olsen, January 04, 2012, 10:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on September 30, 2012, 07:49:05 PM
It all comes down to these last three games.  Rays vs. Birds.  They can still crash this party  :ph34r:

I've been here before.  It was called 1982.  And 1989.  :ph34r:

katmai

Here's hoping it is a repeat of 2010.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

You're being a real twat tonight.  And not just any twat, but one that smelled like bad tuna and needs to be douched with a peroxide and alcohol solution in a 2 to 1 ratio.

katmai

I wasn't trying to be, I just meant hope for Giants WS again. :(
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Oh, my bad.  I thought you were trying to drop some Garrett Atkins bad mojo on the birdies.  Garrett Atkins. :shudder:

MadBurgerMaker

Valmy

Fuck.  Like thats not a sign or anything
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

dps

Quote from: Valmy on September 30, 2012, 09:33:59 PM
Fuck.  Like thats not a sign or anything

The Orioles:  so hot they're on fire?

CountDeMoney

CountDeMoney

lol, the news did a piece on the last time the Orioles clinched a playoff spot.  Gas was $1.10 a gallon, and Manny Machado was celebrating his 5th birthday.
Damn, that was a long time ago.

Syt

Well, it's official. 20 years of losing seasons for the Pirates.

Still, at least they're not the worst stinkers this season. :nelson: @ Red Sox. Next season will be tougher for the Pirates, with the punching bag called Astros moving over to the AL (12-5 this season - best record against any division rival).

I'll be rooting for the Reds in the NL and, of course, the O's in AL.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Yesterday was a sobering result.

At least the Rays are out.  Now all the playoff teams from the AL are set....but this could get bad very fast for Baltimore if they do not win.  They want no part of Oakland and they sure as shit don't want Oakland on the road.  This is a one game winner take all thing right?  Hopefully the Rays will back off a bit now that their season is over.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

dps

Quote from: Valmy on October 02, 2012, 08:27:42 AM

At least the Rays are out.  Now all the playoff teams from the AL are set....but this could get bad very fast for Baltimore if they do not win.  They want no part of Oakland and they sure as shit don't want Oakland on the road.  This is a one game winner take all thing right?  Hopefully the Rays will back off a bit now that their season is over.

Yeah, it's a one game playoff.  But it might not be with Oakland--it could be Texas.  Amazingly , Oakland could not only still win the West, they could actually end up with the best record in the AL.

Valmy

Quote from: dps on October 02, 2012, 12:06:00 PM
Yeah, it's a one game playoff.  But it might not be with Oakland--it could be Texas.  Amazingly , Oakland could not only still win the West, they could actually end up with the best record in the AL.

Texas might actually be easier at this point.  Either way Baltimore needs to host that game.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on October 02, 2012, 08:27:42 AM

Yeah, but they fought back with a wierdo 9th inning after Chen melted down, with a dinger hitting the roof and the hotshot to 2nd.

Thought they had a chance against Rodney, but he's the Ed Reed of closers.  Fucker's vicious.  Had Thome chase 100mph fastballs all outside the strike zone.  Dude's nasty.