News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PC Games List 2012

Started by Habbaku, January 04, 2012, 03:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Looks like a lot of good stuff is coming out, along with some more niche offerings.  Here's RPS' compiled list along with a bunch of previews :

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/01/04/an-exciting-list-of-pc-games-for-2012/
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

I thought PC gaming was, like, totally dying!

Razgovory

When is Half-life episode 3 going to come out?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

When people stop paying 10 bucks for a hat in Team Fortress 2.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

OttoVonBismarck

I'm guiltily looking forward to CK2; I have always loved the concept behind CK and as long as it isn't 100% broken on launch day I'll be happy. Hell, I'll be happy if v. 1.0 doesn't have Mongol hordes in England by 1250.

Habbaku

Yeah, I might actually be breaking my promise not to buy Paradox games at release any more if CK2 gives even a hint that it's playable out the gate.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Caliga

Quote from: Habbaku on January 04, 2012, 07:36:14 PM
Yeah, I might actually be breaking my promise not to buy Paradox games at release any more if CK2 gives even a hint that it's playable out the gate.
+1
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 04, 2012, 05:35:48 PM

What is the deal with that?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on January 04, 2012, 07:47:43 PM

TF2 players are generally insane.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Caliga on January 04, 2012, 07:39:31 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on January 04, 2012, 07:36:14 PM
+1
+2 Vorpal
PDH!

Josquius

I am very much looking forward to CK2. I too loved the original despite its flaws and, despite paradox's recent form being worrying and Sengoku in particular being offputting, the promise of CK done right...wow.

There's also a Victoria 2 addon due isn't there? Wonder if the changes will be big enough to totally change the game as with Vicky 1's addon.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 04, 2012, 08:53:40 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 04, 2012, 07:47:43 PM

TF2 players are generally insane.

One of the strong points of the game was that it had a strong art design.  Each character has a different silhouette so you can easily distinguish one class from another at a glance.  With everyone wearing their own personalized Carmen Miranda headgear you sorta lose that.

11B4V

Quote from: Solmyr on January 04, 2012, 03:59:19 PM

By that list I would concur
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Valmy

Quote from: 11B4V on January 05, 2012, 10:58:08 AM

What is wrong with that list?  It looks like lots of games to satisfy fans of many different genres.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: 11B4V on January 05, 2012, 10:58:08 AM
Quote from: Solmyr on January 04, 2012, 03:59:19 PM

Oh boy!  A game that came out for Xbox last May!