BBC criticised for naming panda as a woman of the year

Started by jimmy olsen, January 03, 2012, 06:33:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

:lmfao: Stupid fucks.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/bbc/8980607/BBC-criticised-for-naming-panda-as-a-woman-of-the-year.html
QuoteBBC criticised for naming panda as a woman of the year
The BBC has come in for ridicule after it included a giant panda called Sweetie alongside Pippa Middleton and Adele in its list of the 12 women of the year.

By Donna Bowater

1:50PM GMT 28 Dec 2011

The broadcaster's Faces of the year 2011 – the women featured the women who made the headlines for each month and included Gabrielle Giffords, the US Congresswoman who recovered after she was shot in the head, as well as Brazilian president Dilma Rousseff.

Pippa Middleton is named as the female face of April after she caught the nation's attention as maid of honour at the wedding of her sister Kate to Prince William.

But for December, the BBC picked Sweetie the panda, who arrived along with Sunshine in Edinburgh from China. The pandas are on loan to the Royal Zoological Society of Scotland for £600,000 a year.

The list sparked a mock-frenzy on Twitter with users labelling the episode "panda gate".
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

I don't understand the obsession with Pippa Middleton. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

:unsure:
I don't see the big deal, the panda story was top of the headlines that month and...well....its just a cute little joke.
██████
██████
██████

Richard Hakluyt

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on January 03, 2012, 06:38:53 AM

That's because you're a breast man, and not an ass man;  which is why you would rather whack off to Nancy Grace.

Caliga

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 03, 2012, 06:54:41 AM
That's because you're a breast man, and not an ass man;  which is why you would rather whack off to Nancy Grace.
:bleeding: That was a low blow, man. :D
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Martinus

I don't see how anyone would compare a panda to Pippa Middleton.

After all, one is a dumb representative of a dying species that's interesting only due to its mating habits and just happened to be in the right place at the right time and the other is a panda.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Martinus on January 03, 2012, 07:46:08 AM
I don't see how anyone would compare a panda to Pippa Middleton.

After all, one is a dumb representative of a dying species that's interesting only due to its mating habits and just happened to be in the right place at the right time and the other is a panda.
:lol: Ok, that was a good one Marty.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Brazen

I blame the Conservative-led government. There were also no female finalists for the Sports Personality of the Year award  :glare:

Valmy

Quote from: Brazen on January 03, 2012, 08:36:29 AM
I blame the Conservative-led government. There were also no female finalists for the Sports Personality of the Year award  :glare:

Poor Tories.  They get blamed for putting women in charge and then get blamed with they keep them out.  They just cannot win.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on January 03, 2012, 06:38:53 AM

At least Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian had sex tapes.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

KRonn

The BBC is just pandering to animal lovers...   ;)

mongers

Quote from: KRonn on January 03, 2012, 08:42:30 AM
The BBC is just pandering to animal lovers...   ;)

Why do you people see this as such a black and white issue ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Martinus

I just don't get the whole pandamonium surrounding this issue.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on January 03, 2012, 09:01:41 AM
I just don't get the whole pandamonium surrounding this issue.

It is just a bunch of pandering.