Relationships, playing games and you (no it's not about WoW)

Started by Martinus, January 02, 2012, 08:53:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you "play games" (see below for explanation) in your relationships?

I'm a playa baby - all the time, every time.
1 (3.7%)
Sometimes I have to resort to it, but I don't like it
2 (7.4%)
Only at first, but not once it develops into something serious
2 (7.4%)
No, I'm an open book.
14 (51.9%)
Relationships? What relationships? (Raz option)
8 (29.6%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Martinus

So, just wondering (for those of you in succesful or semi-succesful relationships) - do you "play games" in it? I am not talking about cheating or anything nasty but e.g. stuff like occassionally playing hard to get to get what you want (or just keep the relationship interesting). Or do you find such stuff to be an unacceptable manipulation?

CountDeMoney

Unacceptable manipulation.  But I'm more wary of being played than being the player, so I'm sorta like Counter-Intel.  Zero tolerance for pussy provocateurs.

Unless it's early in a relationship I know is not ever going to go anywhere.  Then I'm a game-playing douchebag.  Because it's fun.

Martinus

I hate it myself, too. But the fucking annoying thing is that sometimes when I (against myself) resort to it, I get better results than when I am just getting involved and committed.

So yeah, about fags, it's like with women, too.  <_<

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

dps

Fuck no.  My philosophy was that if a woman didn't love me for me, well, there were others out there.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."<br /><br />I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Quote from: Martinus on January 02, 2012, 09:05:05 AM
I hate it myself, too. But the fucking annoying thing is that sometimes when I (against myself) resort to it, I get better results than when I am just getting involved and committed.

Yeah. I'm sure.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Martinus

Quote from: Ideologue on January 03, 2012, 03:16:06 AM
Quote from: Martinus on January 02, 2012, 09:05:05 AM

Yeah. I'm sure.

Sure about what?

Razgovory

Raz voted for the Raz option.  As you guys can probably imagine, I'm not that good with people. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

HVC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 03, 2012, 06:28:36 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on January 03, 2012, 06:27:19 AM
I'm an open book.

You're a dirty whore.
but he sounds awesome. Sheilbh doesn't have to play any games. all he has to do is say hello and the guys practically undressing already :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.