BBC criticised for naming panda as a woman of the year

Started by jimmy olsen, January 03, 2012, 06:33:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Malthus

QuotePippa Middleton is named as the female face of April after she caught the nation's attention as maid of honour at the wedding of her sister Kate to Prince William.

:huh:

It was her other end that caught attention.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

HVC

Quote from: Malthus on January 03, 2012, 09:34:14 AM
QuotePippa Middleton is named as the female face of April after she caught the nation's attention as maid of honour at the wedding of her sister Kate to Prince William.

if they got in trouble for naming a panda imagine the backlash if they named an ass as woman of the year :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Malthus

Quote from: HVC on January 03, 2012, 09:40:25 AM
Quote from: Malthus on January 03, 2012, 09:34:14 AM

if they got in trouble for naming a panda imagine the backlash if they named an ass as woman of the year :lol:

They would still be naming the woman, only as "female ass of April" rather than "female face of April".

It would be honest, anyway.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Sheilbh

Quote from: Brazen on January 03, 2012, 08:36:29 AM
I blame the Conservative-led government. There were also no female finalists for the Sports Personality of the Year award  :glare:
It's almost like the BBC are actively trying to disprove all the 'Political Correctness Gone Mad!' stories.
Let's bomb Russia!

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 03, 2012, 10:00:51 AM
I blame the Conservative-led government. There were also no female finalists for the Sports Personality of the Year award  :glare:
It's almost like the BBC are actively trying to disprove all the 'Political Correctness Gone Mad!' stories.

Can we expect a joint BBC/Maxim venture in the near future?
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Valmy

It is probably like in the American media where tabloidness continues to infect every level.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on January 03, 2012, 10:50:05 AM

Next on BBC have your say: which British WWE Diva is the hottest?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Ideologue

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on January 03, 2012, 10:50:05 AM

My sister accused me of lifting my worldview from Maxim when I casually mentioned that taller men tend to be viewed as more attractive by women.

Homos are really the most Goddamned insulated people on the planet.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Valmy

Quote from: Ideologue on January 03, 2012, 12:41:35 PM
My sister accused me of lifting my worldview from Maxim when I casually mentioned that taller men tend to be viewed as more attractive by women.

Homos are really the most Goddamned insulated people on the planet.

When did Maxim become a spokesrag for culture?  I just thought it was playboy for losers.

Ideologue

Yi: yes.

Val: I have no idea.  I've never read a single issue, or even parts thereof, so far as I know.  I only know it by reputation (and, alright, that Grace Park photoshoot).

In fairness to lesbians everywhere, the more important factor may be that as siblings we twist each other's arguments to make the other person sound stupid or ridiculous.  It's fun!
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)