Iran warns the US carrier against returning to the Persian gulf

Started by Martinus, January 03, 2012, 04:05:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on February 14, 2012, 11:27:46 PM
Is it common to have submarines armed with torpedoes? :unsure:

More common then having torpedoes armed with submarines.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: mongers on February 14, 2012, 10:14:18 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on February 14, 2012, 10:11:15 PM
I admit, I'd actually like to see the US kick the Iranian's teeth in.  They've had it coming for 30 years now.

I'm not sure school yard vendettas are the best guide to running a foreign policy in the interest of one's own state.
The basis of most of human history's great wars have been: "those motherfuckers disrespected us and we're gonna go get 'em."
PDH!

mongers

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on February 15, 2012, 12:04:00 PM
Quote from: mongers on February 14, 2012, 10:14:18 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on February 14, 2012, 10:11:15 PM
I admit, I'd actually like to see the US kick the Iranian's teeth in.  They've had it coming for 30 years now.

I'm not sure school yard vendettas are the best guide to running a foreign policy in the interest of one's own state.
The basis of most of human history's great wars have been: "those motherfuckers disrespected us and we're gonna go get 'em."

Well I'll give you that regarding Iraq 2003 and look how well that's turning out.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

grumbler

World war 2 for sure, also every flame war on languish.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

So many wars in history...started by so many hip-hop gangsters.