Four people shot dead in Detr ... err ... England.

Started by Syt, January 02, 2012, 08:04:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-16381710

QuoteFour people have been found dead after a shooting at a house in Peterlee, County Durham late on Sunday.

The bodies of a 40-year-old man and three females were discovered at the house in Greenside Avenue. A shotgun was found next to the man's body.

Durham Police said three other people in the house at the time managed to escape. A 19-year-old woman was treated for minor gunshot wounds.

It also emerged the 40-year-old man was licensed to own six firearms.

Police have confirmed the four dead people were related to each other and they were not looking for anyone else.

Firearms officers attended the scene after a caller reported that a number of people had been shot inside a semi-detached house.

The victims' bodies were found in different rooms in the downstairs of the house, and paramedics confirmed all four were dead at the scene.

The area has been cordoned off since shortly after midnight and a forensic investigation is under way.

An incident room has been set up at police headquarters in Durham.

Det Supt Paul Goundry, who is leading the investigation, said all the deceased were related and that the Durham force had had "minor contact" with the family in the past.

Floral tributes have been placed outside the house He said a 19-year-old woman was among those who managed to flee the house through an upstairs window.

She was treated for shotgun wounds to her wrist and shoulder and later released from hospital.

Assistant Chief Constable Michael Banks said the dead man was licensed to own six weapons, three of them shotguns and a further three "section-one" firearms.

He said: "I can confirm that a resident at that address was the lawful holder of shotgun and firearms licences and we cannot confirm at this stage whether any of those weapons that were lawfully held have been used in this.

"At this moment in time it is my understanding that the person was licensed for three shotguns and three section-one firearms."

He said section-one firearms were a particular category of firearms which require greater authorisation than a shotgun licence.

A number of floral tributes were placed outside the semi-detached property.

Labour party ward councillor Paul Stradling said it was the most shocking incident he had come across in 30 years as a politician.

"Greenside Avenue is normally a very quiet area so it has shocked everybody," he said.

"It's a typical North East village, quiet most of the time with a little bit of anti-social behaviour, but crime levels are usually low."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

It would've only been two victims, but the shooter moved in fast Benny Hill motion, so that doubled up the body count.

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 02, 2012, 08:07:57 AM
It would've only been two victims, but the shooter moved in fast Benny Hill motion, so that doubled up the body count.

I wonder if Yakkity Sax was played.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.