News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

WoW [General Discussion]

Started by Korea, March 12, 2009, 10:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

I messed around in a beta a bit this weekend. It is an amazing gaming experience.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Grallon

Who still plays WoW in 2016?  :blink:

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

katmai

Quote from: Jaron on June 19, 2016, 06:06:25 PM
I messed around in a beta a bit this weekend. It is an amazing gaming experience.
beta for what?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Jaron

Quote from: katmai on June 19, 2016, 07:29:33 PM
Quote from: Jaron on June 19, 2016, 06:06:25 PM
beta for what?

Legion...

Jaron

Quote from: Grallon on June 19, 2016, 07:06:35 PM

G.

A lot of people. The game has really moved away from the play 24/7 model to being able to play in small bursts and get your stuff done. I mean I did all my weekly raiding I wanted to do in about 1.5 hours spread across the week. It isn't like it used to be where you had to dedicate hours to it so it works for a lot of people.

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Martinus

Me too. I had some short breaks (notably, when GW2 came out I sat out most of Pandaria and only got it late in the cycle, after they announced WoD) but otherwise never stopped playing. The game is much more soloable now in that you can even raid with no guild and no permanent group, by using the LFR feature.

Solmyr

I recently started playing it again too. :unsure:

crazy canuck

Quote from: Jaron on June 19, 2016, 10:52:04 PM
Quote from: Grallon on June 19, 2016, 07:06:35 PM

G.

A lot of people. The game has really moved away from the play 24/7 model to being able to play in small bursts and get your stuff done. I mean I did all my weekly raiding I wanted to do in about 1.5 hours spread across the week. It isn't like it used to be where you had to dedicate hours to it so it works for a lot of people.

That is a good development.  What impact did that change have on guilds?  Do people just use PUGs now?

Martinus

The normal and mythic raid difficulty levels (which cannot be accessed from LFR) yield better gear so guilds can still do those. Raid sizes are flexible, with the minimum number of raiders being 10 and then adjusting with difficulty to the number of people in, so also guilds can have 14 people raiding groups or some such.

Martinus

When Legion comes out, I am going to make a blood elf demon hunter named Milo.  :ph34r:

Caliga

Yeah, that name totally won't be taken already Mart. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on June 20, 2016, 09:29:31 AM
Yeah, that name totally won't be taken already Mart. :)

Miloyiannopoulos235
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

I have been in beta since Monday, so far only playing in DH starting area but loving it. One thing that I didn't notice at first but love - ordinary mobs can be tagged by up to 5 (non-grouped) people allowing them to take credit, loot etc from it (the xp is reduced). Mob tagging has been my main beef with WoW to date so absolutely great to see they changed it (for those who have been away for a while - rare mobs and unique quest mobs have been free from the tag system since Mists of Pandaria).

Martinus

Another QoL improvement they stole from GW2: when you find new gear, the skin becomes stored in your "skin bank" that is shared across the account and can be used by any character you have for transmog purposes. :thumbsup: