News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

WoW [General Discussion]

Started by Korea, March 12, 2009, 10:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 13, 2016, 10:04:25 AM
I remember Berkut not answering me all the time. It's like I was on ignore.

He probably thought you were Gen. Wolfe.

Martinus

I remember not playing with you people because Blizzard has separate EU and US servers.  :mad:

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on April 13, 2016, 10:29:15 AM
I remember not playing with you people because Blizzard has separate EU and US servers.  :mad:

Yeah I missed the Euros. There was this particularly foul mouthed Belgian I would always play with super early in the morning my time in DAOC, because it was in the afternoon for her. The hilarity of her constantly cussing to express anything in English was a highlight of my day.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on April 13, 2016, 10:06:49 AM
I remember not playing with you people because I preferred Horde.

And then you remember not playing with us because you preferred pve servers.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 13, 2016, 11:09:51 AM
Quote from: Valmy on April 13, 2016, 10:06:49 AM
I remember not playing with you people because I preferred Horde.

And then you remember not playing with us because you preferred pve servers.

I thought you were on a pve server? :hmm:

But actually I preferred RP servers.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Berkut

I think we went back and forth.

We had one attempt where we all started new characters and were going to only ever play them together, once a week. That would have been pretty awesome, but of course it didn't actually work out. That was Horde though...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Eddie Teach

We rolled hordies on a rppvp server during late vanilla/early BC and mostly stuck around there through wotlk.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Shortly after the game came out we all had toons on the same PvE server, Alliance side.  That lasted maybe 2-3 months.

Then yes, late vanilla many of us followed Habs and Berkut to a RP-PvP server hordeside.  That seemed like it lasted much longer, though there were fewer of us.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on April 13, 2016, 11:18:02 AM
Shortly after the game came out we all had toons on the same PvE server, Alliance side.  That lasted maybe 2-3 months.

Then yes, late vanilla many of us followed Habs and Berkut to a RP-PvP server hordeside.  That seemed like it lasted much longer, though there were fewer of us.

Ah yes. The real reason was that my old guild from DAOC tracked me down and I had been playing with some of them for five years.

crazy canuck

I started as a Shaman playing as Horde PvP.  That was really a lot of fun.  World PvP was great back then.

I played with you guys a bit on alliance side after a while but that fell apart shortly after I started.  I swear I had nothing to do with everyone leaving.

Then I played alliance with some friends when shaman were available to both factions.  At some point Katmai and Jaron were in that group.  Then I retired from WoW.  I have a vague recollection of playing in a Horde side guild with Katmai also - that might have been the Languish Horde PvP group.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Liep

I've been thinking of buying the new expansion and try it for a month or so. :unsure:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Liep on June 18, 2016, 03:13:40 AM
I've been thinking of buying the new expansion and try it for a month or so. :unsure:
:cheers:  You might want to hop back in during the pre-release events that are going on.  There will be the chance to learn the new talent options, class changes, and earn some gear that should help while everyone else is doing the same thing.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

katmai

I've been in beta last few weeks. I might come back to release to try it out. I've been enjoying the demon Hunter class.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Liep

Quote from: katmai on June 18, 2016, 10:35:11 PM
I've been in beta last few weeks. I might come back to release to try it out. I've been enjoying the demon Hunter class.

That does look like good fun. And yeah, will probably start up in july or so when I get more free time.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk