News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

WoW [General Discussion]

Started by Korea, March 12, 2009, 10:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

I played a bit more last night leveling my Priest from 85 in the Pandora expansion lands.  I like the new (to me) quest ideas.  I am going to put in a rule of the ratio of gym time to WoW time to make sure I dont sink back into old unhealthy habits.   :D

KRonn

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 20, 2014, 12:01:19 PM
I played a bit more last night leveling my Priest from 85 in the Pandora expansion lands.  I like the new (to me) quest ideas.  I am going to put in a rule of the ratio of gym time to WoW time to make sure I dont sink back into old unhealthy habits.   :D

Good idea.  :)

Eddie Teach

1/100 or better?  ;)
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 20, 2014, 04:30:30 PM

1/100 or better?  ;)

more like 1:1  ;)

Martinus

Ok, I gotta say, the quests are really nicely done. Just finished the entire Shadow Moon Valley. It really feels like a story.

crazy canuck

I think they have put a lot of effort into making this solo friendly rather than simply making it a race to gear up for end game raiding.  I like it. 

Also, I am glad I didnt read all the WoW forum QQ about how terrible it was to take a new toon to 90.  The forums make it sound like the incremental introduction of skills makes it impossible to get through the intro.  I bought a new Panda monk to 90 and found it easy and fun to get through the intro.  I also like the way they have changed professions so that I dont have to go back to the old zones to level.

The only question I have is how to pick up my dual spec.  Do I need to travel back to an old world trainer to pick it up?

Eddie Teach

You guys still on Uther? Only familiar name I've seen is Dem.

Rex Francorum

Yeah but I play mostly on Horde now on Uther.  :D
On Alliance, my main is a hunter which I am leveling atm. On the Horde my main dk is already at 100.
To rent

katmai

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 25, 2014, 03:52:32 AM
You guys still on Uther? Only familiar name I've seen is Dem.
yeah I'm on uther, been leveling my monk first.
dem, CC and I are in same guild, jaron bolted for new guild right before xpac.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

What is your monk's name, Kat?

I've been playing my dk, Grinner.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

crazy canuck

Played a bit more this weekend and I have been healing my way through some normal dungeons (just shy of the ilvl for heroics atm).  I have noticed a cultural shift from when I last played.  It used to be that people would be a bit social before the run and congratulatory after the run.  Now if there is any talking at all it is to bitch and complain about something not going just right.  Maybe things will get better once I am at the ilvl for heroics as that is probably where the better players are now.

The game has become greatly simplified.  As a healer I have very few options in terms of cd skills to use.  It might be this class (mistweaver) in the past both my Shammy and Disc Priest had a lot of situational skills. but now healing seems to be more about normal rotation skills with very limited use of situational buttons.   Healing is difficult because the HPS is not as good as I would like but in the past there were things a skilled player could do with all those situational cds.  But now it seems the skill of the player does not matter as much because there are few options and to a great extent it all comes down to gearing.

Sophie Scholl

Agreed on both counts.  That seems to be the big problem with the streamlining:  It's all about the gear now.  As to the original point, I think it depends a bit on what battlegroup your realm is on.  I play on RP servers, and generally the players seem to be more friendly in bg's and dungeons.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Martinus

I think it is more hit and miss. I try to say hello at the beginning of each run, and thank you at the end. More often than note the group is nice, it seems.

Really liking how versatile a warlock is now (I just made one - and spent 50 Euro to boost him to 90 when I was 80 - because I couldn't stand the grind any more   :Embarrass: ). Thanks to the Grimoire of Sacrifice, you can make a de facto "dark mage" (no pet, ranged dps) for PvP and PvE dungeons, but if you want, with the right demonology glyphs and talents you can have your own veritable herd of demons following you just as well.

Playing Destruction and loving it.

KRonn

As I've said, I like how they streamlined all the abilities and spells, merged some, removed others, and made some passive. Makes it easier to play and easier on additions to the tool bars. I'm also really liking the Garrisons.