WoW [General Discussion]

Started by Korea, March 12, 2009, 10:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Soon as home. Posting from my iphone atm. :D
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grey Fox

:cheers:

GW2's going to have a free week from the 27th to the 3rd too.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

katmai

QuoteFound this on the RIFT forums, thought it might be nice for anyone switching from World of Warcraft wanting something similar to the class they are used to.

CLERIC

purifier = disc priest
sentinel = holy paladin / holy priest
warden = resto druid / resto shaman
justicar = prot paladin
inquisitor = shadow priest
cabalist = affl lock / unholy dk
druid = d2 summoning druid
shaman = enh shaman

ROGUE

riftstalker = classic feral tank / sub rogue
ranger = beast mastery hunter
marksman = marksman hunter
saboteur = survival hunter
assassin = sub rogue
nightblade = assassination rogue
bladedancer = combat rogue
bard = [buff/aoe heal support]
tactician = has a frigging flamethrower

MAGE

dominator = CC support / arcane mage (GW mesmer?)
archon = [buff support]
ele summoner = ele shaman / frost mage
necromancer = demo lock / unholy dk
pyromancer = fire mage / destro lock
stormcaller = frost mage / ele shaman
chloromancer = [heal]
warlock = affliction lock

WARRIOR

reaver = blood dk
paladin = prot paladin / prot warrior
warlord = [buff support & tank]
champion = arms warrior
void knight = unholy dk
beast master =
paragon = fury warrior
riftblade =

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

crazy canuck

I tried Rift a while back and had a lot of fun with it.  I really liked the skill development model.  There are a lot of skills but the main mechanic in that game is developing the proper macros.  At first I found that to be a pain since a little coding knowledge was required but I found a lot of forum support for how to properly write the macro commands.

The only thing I didnt like was after leaving the beginning areas it was hard to find others to play with and the world felt empty.  That might not be the case now though.

katmai

5th expansion announced today. Happy to say 0.01% that I'll buy it. :P

Liep

Quote from: katmai on November 08, 2013, 06:31:02 PM

Wow, that announcement video was the worst I've seen from Blizzard to date.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

Quote from: katmai on November 08, 2013, 06:31:02 PM

So there IS a chance!  :lol:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

I won't say never cause i had said that with MoP :P

Liep

Zowie Bowie to direct the Warcraft movie. It might actually turn out good. :unsure:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/06/24/world-of-warcraft-level-90-neutral/

QuoteWorld Of Warcraft Player Reaches 90 Without Picking A Side

In case you'd forgotten, MMO players are crazy. I know: I used to be one. This, though, is a whole new level of dedication to a mind-numbingly repetitive task. A World of Warcraft player named "Doubleagent" (get it?) rolled a Pandaren character and never left the neutral starting zone. Somehow, though, they found a way to hit WoW's current level cap of 90. And by somehow, I mean they picked a lot of herbs and mined Azeroth hollow. This is not a task congruent with keeping one's sanity, but when somebody voluntarily sets out to do this, it makes you wonder if they were ever truly sane to begin with.

Now, quests got the character up to around level ten or so, but after that experience from enemies dried up, and herbs/ore were the only teets Doubleagent could reliably suckle precious, precious XP from.

In actuality, Doubleagent didn't find the process quite as boring as you might think. Despite the fact that it took 173.5 days' worth of playtime (dating all the way back to 2012), they found the process rather soothing:

Quote"At times I can find it relaxing, a change from the normal. Plus it's pretty easy to do when I have TV shows or movies that I need to catch up on, moreso than trying to do that during a battleground or raid."

Which... actually makes a lot of sense. I mean, why not? To each their own, and say what you will but this sort of thing takes tremendous dedication.

Plus, now when somebody asks the age old question – Alliance or Horde – there's a fully viable third option to bellow (because the only time anybody asks that anymore is at BlizzCon): NEITHER.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

:hmm: Does anyone here still play?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

I was playing like 3-4 months ago.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Jaron

Katmai still plays pretty fanatically also.
Winner of THE grumbler point.