News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Unity of Command (Stalingrad, Matrix Games)

Started by Habbaku, December 30, 2011, 04:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

I really enjoyed it. Like you said it's very accessible. Very easy to learn and simple, but the AI is very challenging. It will absolutely attack you at your weakest points and ruin your plans. Last night I was replaying the first scenario (2nd Kharkov) for the Germans and on two occasions it breached my lines and cut off virtually my entire force. Admittedly I was re-learning the game but I underestimated the AI and it punched me in the balls a couple times. I still won the scenario but it took me two turns longer and I missed the Decisive Victory criteria.

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Kleves

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Berkut

I like it quite a lot intitiallyl, but it seemed to me that the scenario's turned into puzzles.

In order to "win" you had to figure out the exactly correct sequence to make attacks. It didn't feel much like wargame once I was able to understand the mechanics.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

mongers

Tried the demo, interesting; though I didn't like the chess pieces non-stacking vibe.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"