Main Menu

Planetside 2

Started by Syt, November 27, 2012, 07:18:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Apparently it's out, it's free to play, and here's a random battle report:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/11/27/planetside-2-random-battle-report/

Anyone tried yet?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

FunkMonk

I played during the beta and even then it was the most fun I've had in an FPS since Battlefield 1942. I don't play computer games much anymore though so I haven't played it in months.

There's something very gratifying about being in a giant column with thirty tanks and twenty-odd aircraft in the air, fighting over a building complex against two other sides with just as many tanks and aircraft as you. Swarming dogfights in the air, massive tank battles and entire companies of infantry fighting in close quarters combat.

:wub:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

Also it's best experienced playing with a group of people. Solo play is fun and pugs often form willy nilly (I remember one time when a huge column of about forty tanks formed entirely from random players. I flew CAP in a Reaver and the tank column fell apart as soon as they reached their objective  :lol:) but playing with a regular group of guys is the best way to play the game.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Grey Fox

I was in the Beta, I tried to play it, Sony wouldn't let me log in. I gave up.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Malicious Intent

I started to play it, have a TR soldier on Miller. I play mostly support, medic and engineer. Have been in some pretty enormous engagements so far, huge tank collumns, massive airfleets, human wave attacks with 50+ other guys...

I also seem to be sniper target #1.  :glare:

Solmyr

Playing a Vanu engineer on Lithcorp server (EU), in an outfit together with some friends.

Faeelin

Anyone have any advice on how to play this game? what should I be buying?

Fate

I played the hell out of the original Planetside. I downloaded this out of nostalgia but apparently my 1 year old laptop is too shitty to run it even on the most minimal settings. I don't care enough to buy a desktop. I think I've finally grown out of computer games.  :cry:

Syt

I played this a bit tonight. I was very dazed and confused and had no idea what I was doing, so I got killed 5 times by people I didn't even know were there. Time to read some tutorials, I guess.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.