Rick Santorum
0 (0%)
John Huntsman
12 (32.4%)
Rick Perry
2 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Scipio

Simple.  Clean cut.  Let's hear it for the caucus process.  Whazzup!
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Zanza

DGuller

Huntsman, the only guy who's neither an idiot nor pretends to be one to appeal to Republicans.  I would've voted for Ron Paul four years ago, due to him holding a couple of views that are actually good, but almost universally not considered (like pot legalization).  However, he's no longer a good protest vote, as his insanity is getting to be dangerously close to mainstream.

sbr

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Neil

I don't think that any of them are worthy of a vote.  Bachmann, Perry and Santorum are retarded, Huntsman is a non-entity, Gingrich is running because he can't think of anything helpful to do, Romney is an empty suit and Paul only wants to damage America as much as he possibly can.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

I really don't know.  Paul has some perks, it would be like 1964 all over again.  Still the guy is batshit insane.  More so then Goldwater ever was.  With Paul it's far to easy to find stuff in his past to make him look bad.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Bachman, because you didn't specify that I should vote for the candidate that I would like the best were I Republican, rather vote for the one most likely to lose in a general election.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Neil

Quote from: Ideologue on December 30, 2011, 10:02:02 PM
Bachman, because you didn't specify that I should vote for the candidate that I would like the best were I Republican, rather vote for the one most likely to lose in a general election.
I think Bachmann might stand a good chance to beat Obama, just because he's terrible.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ideologue

If Bachmann did win, it would still almost be like a victory for the Democrats.  She'd be amazingly, horrifically terrible.  No one who survived would ever considered voting GOP again in their lifetimes.

There's a word for this strategy, I think it's Leninist, but I can't remember the name. -_-

Anyway, I find it pretty unlikely that she would win.  Also, if she did, I am not well-positioned to weather the apocalypse, so let's hope that never happens.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

alfred russel

Do you have to pick off a list at the caucus or can you support anyone? If the latter, it would be fun to get a group to support Obama.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

CountDeMoney

I would've put a gun in my mouth over living in Iowa, long before the caucus came up.

Scipio

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 30, 2011, 10:28:32 PM
I would've put a gun in my mouth over living in Iowa, long before the caucus came up.
:therethere:

But I agree.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt