Rick Santorum
0 (0%)
John Huntsman
12 (32.4%)
Rick Perry
2 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Legbiter

The only non-insane Rebublican candidate this year is Mitt Romney AFAIK. Even if he has to sound like he can't dress himself unaided like the other candidates to get the nomination.

The rest should be taken out back and shot. And to be never spoken of again in polite company.

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

garbon

Romney. Why pick someone who has no chance of winning? Huntsman might be moderate but is basically unknown by republican voters, so what would be the point? I guess Ron Paul would be a good choice if one wants America to collapse.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on December 31, 2011, 02:07:19 AM
Romney. Why pick someone who has no chance of winning? Huntsman might be moderate but is basically unknown by republican voters, so what would be the point? I guess Ron Paul would be a good choice if one wants America to collapse.

It would be an interesting experiment.  What actually happens when you put the lunatics in charge of the asylum.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on December 31, 2011, 02:07:19 AM
Same here.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

11B4V

Quote from: Neil on December 30, 2011, 05:30:20 PM
I don't think that any of them are worthy of a vote.  Bachmann, Perry and Santorum are retarded, Huntsman is a non-entity, Gingrich is running because he can't think of anything helpful to do, Romney is an empty suit and Paul only wants to damage America as much as he possibly can.
+1
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: 11B4V on December 31, 2011, 11:38:56 AM
Quote from: Neil on December 30, 2011, 05:30:20 PM
I don't think that any of them are worthy of a vote.  Bachmann, Perry and Santorum are retarded, Huntsman is a non-entity, Gingrich is running because he can't think of anything helpful to do, Romney is an empty suit and Paul only wants to damage America as much as he possibly can.
+1
+2 Vorpal
PDH!

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

KRonn

I'd go with Romney now. I did have some misgivings before, and still do as there's no perfect candidate. But I think he's pretty well grounded, thoughtful and seems to have intelligent ideas and direction. Before I might have considered Gingrich or Huntsman, but Gingrich seems to me too much a policy wonk and not a leader, and Huntsman just isn't known that well. Ron Paul is a damned joke; I'm just disgusted with him. I've said before he has a few good ideas but most of rest of his notions are just off the wall, crank kind of stuff. I just wish he'd go away now, out of any race or even out of Congress.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on December 30, 2011, 10:02:02 PM
Bachman, because you didn't specify that I should vote for the candidate that I would like the best were I Republican, rather vote for the one most likely to lose in a general election.

Paul would be just as likely to lose to Obama and would make a better President than Bachman.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 31, 2011, 12:45:54 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on December 30, 2011, 10:02:02 PM
Bachman, because you didn't specify that I should vote for the candidate that I would like the best were I Republican, rather vote for the one most likely to lose in a general election.

Paul would be just as likely to lose to Obama and would make a better President than Bachman.

Yeah, but if the GOP did win, I'm out $100, and I want everyone else to suffer as much as possible with me.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on December 31, 2011, 03:11:30 PM
Yeah, but if the GOP did win, I'm out $100, and I want everyone else to suffer as much as possible with me.

Well, tactically, a Paul vote might help him* extend his campaign and weaken the guy who does win. Your Bachman vote doesn't look like it'll have any effect on the race whatsoever. I think Paul is the best spoiler vote at this point.

*not that a single vote will matter even in primary caucuses.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)